GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Is the complimentary MAF calibration necessary if I have a stock intake? Tune feels great but is it dangerous to keep running it without ever doing the data logging and sending it in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should be following the guidelines sent by strat to monitor your knock, fuel trim levels, etc. Get your 6 gauges set up and if everything looks good and the car pulls smoothly then it's not really necessary, but it's nice to have someone who knows what they're doing to look at it and say there's no problems.

UberFast

Ready to race!
Is the complimentary MAF calibration necessary if I have a stock intake? Tune feels great but is it dangerous to keep running it without ever doing the data logging and sending it in?

Where do you get complimentary? You paid for it, so send in the logs so they can make sure your car is running safely.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
Where do you get complimentary? You paid for it, so send in the logs so they can make sure your car is running safely.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Check your PM's SC_MK6 :thumbup:

Jarred767

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

So I've started the "power mods" by finally getting a used Cobb AP (I got a great deal from a member in here that came with the Cobb intake too) and so far I love it. Only drove it once, but wow, definitely feels quite a bit more powerful and I've heard the Cobb OTS tunes aren't even that great. The car is currently bone stock as far "non-aesthetic" mods are concerned so just the basic Stage 1 OTS tune.

I'm hoping to get some time in the next couple weeks to install the intake and then I can go up to the stage 1+, but based on reviews, I'd like to go up to a Stratified tune eventually. What kind of future mods would require a re-tune after the initial stratified tune (or is there a reference that goes over this). Depending on what all makes a difference and would require re-tuning, I might do future mods first before going Stratified, but it would be great to know that stuff first.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, as I'm brand new to the tuning world, but quickly beginning to love it.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Hey guys,

So I've started the "power mods" by finally getting a used Cobb AP (I got a great deal from a member in here that came with the Cobb intake too) and so far I love it. Only drove it once, but wow, definitely feels quite a bit more powerful and I've heard the Cobb OTS tunes aren't even that great. The car is currently bone stock as far "non-aesthetic" mods are concerned so just the basic Stage 1 OTS tune.

I'm hoping to get some time in the next couple weeks to install the intake and then I can go up to the stage 1+, but based on reviews, I'd like to go up to a Stratified tune eventually. What kind of future mods would require a re-tune after the initial stratified tune (or is there a reference that goes over this). Depending on what all makes a difference and would require re-tuning, I might do future mods first before going Stratified, but it would be great to know that stuff first.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, as I'm brand new to the tuning world, but quickly beginning to love it.
I'm kind of in the same situation as you. I'm waiting to do all my power mods first then getting a tune so o only have to buy it once. You'll definitely need a downpipe and if you want to be "stage 2" you'll most likely need a upgraded clutch too. I don't think most mods would require a retune but the ones that would benefit the most from it would probably be water meth if you get it, a down pipe, and an intercooler. What are your end power goals?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

CHerna

Ready to race!
DP is probably the best mod in terms of yielding gains, in terms of tuning. Many people say intakes aren't worth it, as far as gains are concerned. Intakes are more of an aesthetic mod. I would say get a GFB DV+, as all OEM DV's leak. Coil packs + plugs are also a must.

vermontmk6

Passed Driver's Ed
I sent them logs, with the expectation they would see the lean fuel trim and would send me the MAF calibration. They did not. Still stuck on "there's a leak somewhere". Hope to figure this out next week.

Jarred767

Ready to race!
So, I guess I forgot to mention that I have red top coils already and new plugs, probably will get a DV+ for sure. I’m not huge into gains as it’s just my daily driver and I don’t really “need” more. Probably would like an exhaust at some point for better sounds, but not sure if that would require a re-tune.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
So, I guess I forgot to mention that I have red top coils already and new plugs, probably will get a DV+ for sure. I’m not huge into gains as it’s just my daily driver and I don’t really “need” more. Probably would like an exhaust at some point for better sounds, but not sure if that would require a re-tune.

Catback definitely wouldn't. A downpipe wouldn't require one to run, but it would if you wanted to see performance gains from it.

pdan

Ready to race!
Got my AP yesterday and loaded up Cobbs OTS 93 Stage 1+ with stock MAF. I believe this was the correct one, since I don’t have Cobbs intake. AFR seem to be okay so far, haven’t driven that many miles on it. Only got on it once but oh man, the difference even with this tune is huge. Can’t wait to get my Stratified tune.

mtpickett00

Got my tune a couple days ago and just noticed that whenever I get about around 75% throttle my car stars stuttering and feels very clunky. Almost like I’m tapping the gas all the way down over and over. Anyone have experience with this or knows what this could mean? I might try to go back to the OTS Cobb tune and see if it fixes it

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Got my tune a couple days ago and just noticed that whenever I get about around 75% throttle my car stars stuttering and feels very clunky. Almost like I’m tapping the gas all the way down over and over. Anyone have experience with this or knows what this could mean? I might try to go back to the OTS Cobb tune and see if it fixes it

Are you talking about the base tune? Have you done the initial MAF calibration run?

mtpickett00

Are you talking about the base tune? Have you done the initial MAF calibration run?

I have not. Will that potentially fix it? Btw I just drove it again after it sat for a while and everything seemed normal. I could floor it in every gear without stutter.