GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

!!!!! New Members Take Note !!!!!

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
This site has never been one to chase away those who are passionate about cars of another make. However, if you are noticed to be here for the sole purpose of trolling our versus forums, then you will be subject to being banned. Just as the others are, you are expected to post within the scope of our forum rules. Trolling, bashing, etc, will not be tolerated. Take care and enjoy the forum.

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
I rarely come in the vs forum, can anyone tell me what happened?

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
ohhhh, yes

lots of shit talking on their vs forum

dsm1983

Go Kart Champion
So contrary to what some people say/think, the Versus forum (to me) is about racing, or prospective/theoretical races.
I thought this was actually unanimously understood, but maybe I'm wrong. I see a few threads on here about "Which is better, Golf or GTI?" Or, "Should I buy this or that?"
Moderators, can you chime in on this?

krische

vdubber in training
I think there are still few people that have the new GTI, let alone raced it to make the real versus threads. Many are still looking to buy the GTI, so it is mostly comparisons at the moment.

krische

vdubber in training
Legit question:

All the other forums I have been on have never had a vs. forum. It encourages reckless, illegal, and immature behavior and it always turns into a flame fest.

What is the point?

The point is...

dsm1983

Go Kart Champion
Legit question:

All the other forums I have been on have never had a vs. forum. It encourages reckless, illegal, and immature behavior and it always turns into a flame fest.

What is the point?
Couple of things:
-It's up to the forum members/drivers to maintain responsibility in their actions. Honestly, if anyone is encouraged to act recklessly by the internet then they probably shouldn't be behind the wheel.
-Flame fest - Yeah, tends to migrate that way. But we do have the disclaimer: "Trolling, bashing, etc, will not be tolerated."

j4juke

Ready to race!
If you have a versus forum, then it should be ok for anybody to post "my car is better than yours" threads. It is ridiculous to have a forum of this kind and not expect heated discussions. This is borderline censorship if you ban someone because they express their opinions as it relates to how they feel about their cars performance/worth etc...(in this particular venue). Get rid of the "versus" if you don't want this happening.

krische

vdubber in training
If you have a versus forum, then it should be ok for anybody to post "my car is better than yours" threads. It is ridiculous to have a forum of this kind and not expect heated discussions. This is borderline censorship if you ban someone because they express their opinions as it relates to how they feel about their cars performance/worth etc...(in this particular venue). Get rid of the "versus" if you don't want this happening.

But if you have trolls, I think those trolls should be banned. And be careful about talking about people getting banned.

j4juke

Ready to race!
But if you have trolls, I think those trolls should be banned. And be careful about talking about people getting banned.

I'm not referring to the forum as a whole, I'm talking about a "versus" forum. You can't expect to have such a forum and require that people not speak highly of their cars or say that their mods/model, etc. are better than ours. That's the whole point of VS.

What do you mean by be careful about talking about people getting banned???