GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 02-01-2019, 12:52 AM   #1
BudgetPhoenix
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 09 GLI
Failed Fuel Injector

The 2.0TSI is kicking my ass lately. After doing a lengthy rear main seal and flywheel job a couple weeks later I was driving down the road when suddenly my CEL started flashing and EPC light came on and I noticed smoke coming out my exhaust and car had little power. I was able to put back home and get in the garage as I wasnt far from the house.

I tried turning it off and restarting and it was still running very rough. Codes were CyL 1 misfire P0301 and Low Fuel pressure P0087. I had a hunch it was a stuck fuel injector since the gas heavily smelled of fuel. I decided to pull the plugs and check and sure enough Cyl 1 plug was very wet with fuel.

Couple days later headed to dealer to get a new fuel injector for $88 and some new seal kits and intake manifold gasket and had her up and running again in a few hours. Just a heads up for anyone that gets a low fuel pressure code and a misfire def check your plugs, stuck injectors are not that uncommon.
BudgetPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:05 PM   #2
Allchokedup
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 ko4
I always hear a ticking which I assume is my injectors, dont know if that is common. Needless to say I'm sure I'll be replacing them before too long.
Allchokedup is offline   Reply With Quote