GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aliexpress or Plastidip???

Cazzie902

I'm looking for an inexpensive way to change my Tornado Red GTI's side mirror caps to Gloss Black. I was thinking of using a can of plastids + Glossifier I already have or Buying a set from Ali Express.

Is there one better than the other? I don't want CF. I like the piano black. Thanks for ANY input. :eek:

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
No plastidip. You will not get that smooth gloss black finish. Either get a set of gloss black caps. Or paint your caps (or get a used set) gloss black yourself.

Cazzie902

Thanks sniper27 & xHeartcoreboyx for the tips. Seems no to the 'dip it is. I've watched the vids on youtube and you're right. Just not that high shine I'm looking for. Take care!

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
The mirrors are hard to wrap because of the curvature. I got a used set of caps to try and simulate the satin aluminium look of the Audi S line cars. I used a metallic aluminum paint followed by clear coat. It turned out ok...obviously not exactly like the Audi mirrors because you can't get an exact metal look from plastic. But it was close.

ktopher

Ready to race!
Plastidip is not really a bad idea, and the best thing about it is that you can go back to stock look by easily peeling it off.