GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Ordered my Unitronic intercooler and intake and my 034 street density mounts and Solo Werks S1 coils with TTRS mounts. Also have a Neuspeed pulley that's going in as well all at once when everything gets here. Got everything from Urotuning.com - I ordered the wrong intercooler as per my invoice and called them right away and they made the change right there and emailed me back confirming that I was getting the right one. Good service - I'm pleased!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jlove8128

Ready to race!
I contemplated it, to be honest. But this my DD and I live in Buffalo, NY where roads are either covered in salt or snow 9 months of the year and the rest of the time are under construction so it wouldn't have been a wise decision.

I think I need clear or smoked side markers now though, those orange ones pop really bad now.

Buy color matched side markers from ESE well worth the price and it will look much better.

Cazzie902

So you didn't get the new "high output" file then? Are you manual or automatic? Do you have 2-step with it? I was reflashed with the new file recently and don't seem to have it anymore :(

Setup sounds great though man!

I'm DSG. Got the new version of Stage 2 that came out a couple months ago and told him to give me the low torque just so I could feel what 1 to 2 felt like. I;m enjoying all of it. But I want a tiny bit more so next week I'll get the high torque version.

Thanks for checking out the vid too.

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
I'm stuck here at this step trying to get the knob and boot off . . .

The BFI directions say "simply turn counter clockwise to take off the shift boot" - yeah, simply. I can't turn it.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I'm stuck here at this step trying to get the knob and boot off . . .

The BFI directions say "simply turn counter clockwise to take off the shift boot" - yeah, simply. I can't turn it.

Did you try YouTube maybe?

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Did you try YouTube maybe?

Yeah - nothing on taking it apart but a lot of people showing how it works.

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
There are a few different DSG setups - can't find anything for my particular knob and boot

Trytun

Go Kart Champion

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
did a quick hose replacement, the one from my PCV crank case to the turbo inlet breather tube.... pretty easy. needed to swap it out because i busted the clamp the connected to the intake pipe and i was tired of seeing the shit-ass tape, which i think was starting to melt in this summer heat.

Needed to unclip the coil pack harness to access the screw, and removed the middle right coil to remove the tube from the PCV crank case.

the aforementioned busted clip/clamp.... broken in two places. when in doubt, look up how to remove a connection before strong-arming it. Don't be me.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I got it loose like that but mine is DSG and I've pulled super hard and that sucker won't come off. I'm afraid to pull harder, my center console started creaking. That's the same video I was referencing earlier too, best one I've found

Are u going off of paper instructions? Maybe it's different online/better explained?

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
I'm using the BFI instructions on their DSG shift knob page. It says to turn the base of the boot to unlock it but it doesn't turn. I maimed the base under the boot trying to "twist" as per the instructions.

I've loosened that silver ring and I've even used pliers to try and turn the base - nothing works haha starting to think I'm just gonna give up

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I got it loose like that but mine is DSG and I've pulled super hard and that sucker won't come off. I'm afraid to pull harder, my center console started creaking. That's the same video I was referencing earlier too, best one I've found

looks like they trun it somehow... maybe that metal clip has an alignment thing to come off?

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I'm using the BFI instructions on their DSG shift knob page. It says to turn the base of the boot to unlock it but it doesn't turn. I maimed the base under the boot trying to "twist" as per the instructions.

I've loosened that silver ring and I've even used pliers to try and turn the base - nothing works haha starting to think I'm just gonna give up

Just read that you have to click the shifter and then turn that black part counter clock wise.