GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Didn't do it yet, but planning to install the sub-frame alignment kit this saturday. Also going to do the dogbone billet insert while I'm there.

I have a few different instructions and videos on youtube I've studied. Any extra advice or words of wisdom before tackling this one?

Good floor clearance and take your time threading the bolts. I paid for the front to be done, but I did the rear and was a small PIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vroomtt

Passed Driver's Ed
Good floor clearance and take your time threading the bolts. I paid for the front to be done, but I did the rear and was a small PIA.

Good point on the clearance. I'll be on jack stands up front and have yet to raise from the frame and leave the jack stands on the proper points. I've always raised from the rail and left the jack stands on the subframe.

The best video I found has the car pretty low during the job. Always a good idea to get it as high as possible.

Any concerns with it needing to be lifted level for this install? I haven't seen any mention of that.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Good point on the clearance. I'll be on jack stands up front and have yet to raise from the frame and leave the jack stands on the proper points. I've always raised from the rail and left the jack stands on the subframe.

The best video I found has the car pretty low during the job. Always a good idea to get it as high as possible.

Any concerns with it needing to be lifted level for this install? I haven't seen any mention of that.

Ive always supported my car the same way so I’m sure it will be a little more effort getting it jacked up. I’m sure when they did mine it was on a lift since they were doing the subframe mount and FSB at the same time.

It being level I’m not sure on unfortunately but I’m sure it wouldn’t hurt so it’s easier to line up the subframe. Hopefully other guys can chime in on this. Good luck and take your time. The rear is much easier after you tackle this project.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
almost just backed up into my jeep because i was too cocky on backing into my other space. had to move my car back to my space since they didnt plow or salt my parking area today. glad i stopped and checked. i had about 2 or so inches before contact.

Phur

Autocross Champion
almost just backed up into my jeep because i was too cocky on backing into my other space. had to move my car back to my space since they didnt plow or salt my parking area today. glad i stopped and checked. i had about 2 or so inches before contact.

Please don’t...

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
How’s the noise and vibration levels with that setup? Do you have just an insert in the subframe mount?
Yes, I was running the 034 billet insert by itself for a while. My car is DSG

Very pleased with the full setup. Don't really notice any additional vibrations but the engine sounds a slightly different, in a more aggressive way. I used to be able to feel the engine rock, especially on downshifts. On throttle just feels way more direct.

DELETE

Autocross Champion

So it’s what you ALMOST did to your Mk6 lmao

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

Got the headliner back. I'm happy with it. Definitely a way better job than I could have done myself. Tomorrow I'll put it back in the car.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
It all started as this...

Until it got to this...

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Good call, I would have fucked that up too lol

Yea...wish I would have gone that route the first time. $70 for the cloth material, $30 for glue, and $30 for misc supplies, $130 total. The place that wrapped it for me charged me $130...