Status
Not open for further replies.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Did you leave a tip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phur

Autocross Champion
ChiChat16: After 7 Years Ej Finally Gets Banned - Forum Likes It's Chicken Spicy

I am always very careful not to blame the server for something that they are not responsible for. However, I refuse to tip for shitty service. That is just rewarding bad behavior. Why do you think they are a shitty server? People keep tipping them for it. If people refused, the shitty server would be forced to up their game or seek different employment. Either way it improves the restaurant as a whole.
If I have good service I will not only tip well but will tell them that I appreciate it. Great service, I ask to talk to a manager to let them know how good their server is.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Theory of a deadman and adelitas way concert last night was super awesome!!

Jaber

Modero
Hope everyone has a safe and fun NYE. Don’t drink and drive, cause I’ll be out there driving with the fam. [emoji106]

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Bought a new TV, stove, and microwave today. Stove and Micro will match the fridge and dishwasher I put in last year. Nothing too fancy but stainless and will look better than the mis-matched stuff.

Fought the wife on a "wall mount flatscreen" for years... but she won. Got a little carried away at Abt today while perusing their HT setups and think I might move some of my audio gear back downstairs. Just not sure how I'm supposed to set up a center channel speaker if the TV is above the fireplace?

Will probably mount it later this afternoon. Don't feel like doing it now. Just got home after sitting in traffic + washed the car + washed my gross-ass salt-crusted floormats.

Funny enough we went to Sears first (yesterday) to look at the matching Kenmore Elite setup... they had a special 24-mo financing deal if you spent over a certain dollar amount. We left, then came back, and I figured, "F it, let's do the TV too and get over the dollar hump".... and the dude says, "I can't sell you a TV." As I'm standing, literally, amongst a dozen TV's in their "electronics" department. What? "Yes I cannot sell you a TV. These are display only. If you want a TV you have to buy online."

Dumbest thing I've ever seen. So if I buy the TV online, I can buy the stove and micro online... so we left. Checked around with my peeps and turns out I've got a "guy" at Abt so I went there instead. Got better stuff for less money.

So along all those lines, I have an old Sony Bravia 55" rear projection TV I'll need to get rid of. I think the model number is KDS-55A3000. Actually a really nice HDTV. Just can't hang it on the wall. It'll need a bulb soon - they're on Amazon for like 30 bucks - but it works just fine right now. Anybody think they might want it?

Jaber

Modero
Dem ptak home improvements. I wouldn’t buy anything from sears, at the rate their stores closing, wouldn’t be surprised if they close within a year or two.

Ptak I have a spare wall mount bracket if you’re interested.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Mount the center channel speaker above the tv, right up by the ceiling. Or below the tv. Maybe on the mantle if you have one.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
Playing around with setup for the garage I shall be building.

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
^love the rendering, what program is that? lol

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Was disappointed wight the Columbian steakhouse I went to last night for the gf's birthday. Las tablas in Lakeview. Don't waste your time. The food was great but god awful service.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This is become very true lately. It used to be better. I think it’s too popular now and they just don’t care. The food it great though. I try not to go on the weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.