GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Central CT k04 guys

10_white_gti

Looking for someone in central CT who’s got a k04 gti that will IG to give me a ride in it lol. My reason why is that I’m on the fence about going from stage two to Ko4. I love the quick spool of my k03 driving around town just wish it didn’t fall off after 5k rpms when giving it a rip. I’m just curious how the k04 feels, I’m just worried it will feel like a dog driving around town.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
I'm also located in central CT and would like to feel the power of the K04 lol. Looking to take the plunge next year

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
I was in the same boat having never been in a K04 GTI before taking the plunge. I've hurt A LOT of peoples ego's in a short period of time since the k04 install. My buddy has a 15' WRX STI with a built block and big turbo producing 525 hp at the crank. We were neck and neck (in Mexico) from a 40 roll and well up into the triple digits. 3 pulls back to back and he couldn't leave me lol. He also sank ~$20k into engine mods alone. So bottom line there is zero comparison between a k03 vs k04. Just do it!!! Obviously make sure your motor is healthy enough and all maintenance is done first. Btw the power band in a k04 really gets going at 4k rpm vs a k03 at 3k rpm. With a k04 you also have more off boost power than a k03 as well. So there is nothing a k03 is better at than a k04....unless your goal is to do short mini rips down side streets in which a k04 may not get you into boost before you may need to slow down.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Oh I like this ^^^

I probably will go K04... was thinking maybe a hybrid turbo or something bigger than k04 but this is my daily driver and I want the reliability to still be there and minimal down time for install.

My last experience with my battery and me being stupid as confirmed that I do not want to push the envelope too hard lol.

I still want to do some cosmetic mods first. I need a new bumper and it looks like the cheapest route would be a golf R bumper. I want tints, fix my hood (small dent) and rear sway bar + Pendulum mount. Plus I should get a nice carbon cleaning before k04.

And I want to do autocross this summer for the first time, so I should really keep the stock turbo in there for now.

With all that being said... more power next season hopefully!

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
And the looks on peoples faces when they lose to a rabbit LOL....priceless. Yesterday I had this guy in a brand new $50k+ Q50 red sport (non awd) with 400 hp test me from a 90 roll and his facial expression after the ass beating I gave him was awesome! He pulled up with that face of confusion and shock with a thumbs up! Its worth the price of admission for a K04. I still get mini adrenaline rushes from time to time as this car still surprises me 2 months after install.

wmssbr10

Passed Driver's Ed
And the looks on peoples faces when they lose to a rabbit LOL....priceless. Yesterday I had this guy in a brand new $50k+ Q50 red sport (non awd) with 400 hp test me from a 90 roll and his facial expression after the ass beating I gave him was awesome! He pulled up with that face of confusion and shock with a thumbs up! Its worth the price of admission for a K04. I still get mini adrenaline rushes from time to time as this car still surprises me 2 months after install.

I totally agree with your last sentence. I haven't had any pulls against anyone since install 2 months ago but the car is blast. Need to merge with traffic or get ahead in 4th? Boom, done. Always smiling. I do find its a little hairy sometimes when I punch it in 4th(DSG) and I have to fight the steering wheel at 90 mph! You must pay attention with the new power. All of this is at max boost of 21#'s as I'm still tuning with Stratified.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
My car will be going in for a HPA KO4 + manifold in the next few weeks. I'll keep you posted. I live in Wethersfield

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Any of you guys have a VAGCOM and willing to help me out? Just need to read my P0413 code to figure out what exactly is wrong.