GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AMP on stock unit (RNS310)

Moretti

Ready to race!
Hello !

I just wanted some info about installing an AMP to oem headunit for better audio quality.

Is it worth ? Who has done this ?

No sub or anything else.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
I installed a pioneer GM-D1004 in the stock Dynaudio position under the seat, installed it with a plug and play SOT loom that plugs in between the headunit and original wiring, you need to code the head unit as if it’s a Dynaudio system to have full integration though, with upgraded speakers it sounds great and has no distortion at all, in my opinion it is well worth it, particularly as it works as OEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
If the audio internals are the same as the RCD310, an amp won't do much, but it will help you get better volume output before the head unit distorts. So, you may get more output, but it won't help much with sound quality.

In the end, and amp does one thing, makes the music louder. If your current setup is loud enough, then an amp won't do a whole lot. It has the potential of making the music more dynamic by allowing the high peaks to play without distortion, but if you want a real increase in sound quality, an amp won't make a big difference, you need speakers, a new head unit, and/or a DSP.