GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Suggestions for Sub and Amp

gfg

I ordered my 2012 Shadow Blue base 4 door manual GTI yesterday and I already need a system. I listen to a lot of hip hop and rap so I would hope to get a lot of bass out of it. My friend has a 10" alpine sub and it sounds very good. If anyone has any suggestions for what would satisfy my needs and not take up too much room I would appreciate it. I have seen the DIY thread but I do not think it would be enough bass. If you currently have that system and would recommend it then I will go that route. Thanks in advance!!

Goobax

Ready to race!
I matched an Alpine Type R 10 with an Alpine PDXM6, wish I could tell you how well it sounded but I still don't have my box :( I do know from other builds using the same equipment that it will be more than enough to make some racket heh

gfg

Is the base Head Unit decent enough to handle it? I don't have the Dynaudio or navigation just the base system.

CW_GTI1

Ready to race!
I have the same question, but I have a 2010 with Dynaudio. I already have 2 1000w 10in subs and 1 500w amp. Both JL Audio.

Ajax_6154

Ready to race!
Is the base Head Unit decent enough to handle it? I don't have the Dynaudio or navigation just the base system.

what do you mean can the headunit handle it? all youll need is a Line Out Convertor to get an RCA signal and your golden.