GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I need help regarding the S3 intercooler install!

Vaporsnake

Okay so yesterday I spent the full day swapping out my stock intercooler for my new S3 one. It was a difficult job but I made it through rather easily. Now when I went to start the car up before tightening everything down (but after reconnecting all the harnesses) and the car immediately started idling really rough, sounding like it's misfiring, and throwing an epc light. It won't rev above about 2k and I'm completely at a loss.

I'm about to go out with my VAGCOM to see what the codes are but I'd really appreciate any insight here from you guys.

Vaporsnake

First off thanks for the reply! I'm out working on it now, it seems the connector at the top of the intercooler piping on the front of the engine was disconnected (is this the MAP?) Plugging this in relieved the rough idle but the epc light is still on, might just need to be reset. Also I'm getting codes for low signal from the throttle position sensor. Not sure what that's about.

It seems I really didn't take the time to check my connections and make sure all were in place. Gonna put it all together now, clear the codes and take it for a drive. Let me know if you have any more insight.
Thanks again!

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
First off thanks for the reply! I'm out working on it now, it seems the connector at the top of the intercooler piping on the front of the engine was disconnected (is this the MAP?) Plugging this in relieved the rough idle but the epc light is still on, might just need to be reset. Also I'm getting codes for low signal from the throttle position sensor. Not sure what that's about.

It seems I really didn't take the time to check my connections and make sure all were in place. Gonna put it all together now, clear the codes and take it for a drive. Let me know if you have any more insight.
Thanks again!

that sounds like the connection from your outlet pipe to the turbo. Double and triple check all of the connections, its a lot easier to do now while you have your bumper and under tray off. After the connections are all sorted out clear the codes and it should be ok hopefully. The MAP is located throught he top of your engine bay, standing over it and looking directly down, right behind your radiator fan.

here is a pic

Vaporsnake

All connections are in place, cleared the codes, went for a drive and everything seems to be operating normally. It feels amazing! Now only thing left to do is put that belly pan in which I'm struggling with, can't win. But thanks for the quick response, you really helped me troubleshoot this and I'm extremely satisfied with the job now.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
All connections are in place, cleared the codes, went for a drive and everything seems to be operating normally. It feels amazing! Now only thing left to do is put that belly pan in which I'm struggling with, can't win. But thanks for the quick response, you really helped me troubleshoot this and I'm extremely satisfied with the job now.
Good to hear it