GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Road Rage Story Thread

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
This is a good argument for conceal carry. I always ask people, that want to outright ban guns, if they have ever been in a situation they didn't think they could handle. I gave examples of multiple dudes running up on you and your girl, and they said basically they would fight and not be a pussy. It's not that black and white in the real world. You come in contact with the wrong people, and you are at there mercy, Idc what type of fighting skills you have. You have a gun it becomes a whole different situation though. I have been in a situation where I thought I was going to lose my life, and I didn't have a firearm bc I was too young at the time. Stepping off the soapbox. Glad you guys are ok.
Thanks, absolutely agree a lot of people who i know that want guns banned and VERY anti-confrontation and would do ANYTHING to avoid any awkward social situation if it actually every happened. In the real world horrible things happen and we don't live in a "safe space" like many people think.

I shared my story with some friends and strangers and a lot of them spouted "OH i would just fight them"...not sure what world people live in or if people think we live in a movie, but when your with your wife and a its a 5 vs 1 situation your going to lose 99% of the time, I've been in fights before and can defend my self like a normal person, but i know for a fact i would not stand a chance in a 5v1 situation like many people think they can.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
rough. this is why i love being in a "shall issue" state.

Yeah Florida is pretty simple. A 2 hour "class" which is just a safety briefing that goes over some of the laws and then you pay the state and they send your card.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Yeah Florida is pretty simple. A 2 hour "class" which is just a safety briefing that goes over some of the laws and then you pay the state and they send your card.

Which is pretty fucked up really.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!

Not at all, California laws to just PURCHASE a firearm are ridiculous. Getting a CCW is a nightmare of its own. Gun laws here are on a whole new level of crazy as well.

Guns are not illegal in California, but it sure damn feels like it. The easier it is to get a gun the better.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
They do a full background check and you're photographed and finger printed..
So its not just a walk in and out kinda thing. But it is rather simple.

Plus there is a reason were nicknamed the "Gunshine state" (For those that dont know Florida legit nickname is the "Sunshine State" )

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
The easier it is to get a gun the better.

That's not something I'll ever understand. There's way too many idiots and way too many kids that can't control their feelings and their actions.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
speaking of cop karma, here's a story from last year.

I was commuting to work, in county's old town, means extra careful of cops. I was doing exactly the speed limit, because of the motorcycle cop was in front of me. All of a sudden, I saw a first gen Scion tC flying to my ass. She's a skinny lady in her 40's whose probably not doing good in life, given the car's condition and how she's dressed. I saw her in rearview mirror giving me move over or speed up gestures, and not aware that the cop was right in front of me. She therefore, passed me on the middle turning lane thing, involving yellow lines (if i'm trying to make sense), if I sped up a little bit, she could've scratched my bumper. So I honked my horn, then she stook her head out of the window, yelling at me, flipping me. I had to yell at the officer who was 400 feet away from me. He pulled up to a turning lane, I slowed down to let him go and pulled the scion over. When I passed her, she gave me a double middle finger as I smiled her passing by :laugh:

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Not at all, California laws to just PURCHASE a firearm are ridiculous. Getting a CCW is a nightmare of its own. Gun laws here are on a whole new level of crazy as well.

Guns are not illegal in California, but it sure damn feels like it. The easier it is to get a gun the better.

It took me 6 months to get my CCW in Cali - had prior CCW in Illinois and a veteran, which sped the process up. It's a nightmare here in Cali.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
It took me 6 months to get my CCW in Cali - had prior CCW in Illinois and a veteran, which sped the process up. It's a nightmare here in Cali.

F That. In Florida if you show/submit your DD 214 they wave the fees... at least im 80% sure they do cant remember now.

Plus it took like 4-6 weeks to get it in the mail.

feedingthesickness

Ready to race!
F That. In Florida if you show/submit your DD 214 they wave the fees... at least im 80% sure they do cant remember now.

Plus it took like 4-6 weeks to get it in the mail.

see you in FL in the future then!!!!

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

NH you fill out the form, drop off at police station and go back within 2 weeks to either be issued your license or find out you got rejected. no class needed for CW. no permit needed for open carry.

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!

I just moved to CA from FL, but I have a UT CCW. Also AD military. I had to drop off all of my high-cap and "scary-looking" guns in UT with my folks before I PCS'd out here.

I wish I could get a CA CCW...

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
I just moved to CA from FL, but I have a UT CCW. Also AD military. I had to drop off all of my high-cap and "scary-looking" guns in UT with my folks before I PCS'd out here.

I wish I could get a CA CCW...

You can, it's just a long process. There's resources on your nearest base to help you.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
i feel like we need a CCW thread now, jeez. the gun thread might do but that seems to be more about showing what you have than griping about state CCW laws