GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf Exhaust Tips

tardman91

Ready to race!
When I purchased my Golf last week I wanted to pick up a set of the SS exhaust tips that were on most of the units on the lot, but VW wanted a whopping $240 for them! :eek:
So I've turned here (and to eBay) to see if anyone has found a suitable alternative for them. I wouldn't mind putting a new muffler on there, but my wife would hang me by my balls, so the tips will have to do for now.
I found these on eBay, and they look pretty similar to the VW ones. Anybody have these, or know of any other better ones?
CHROME EXHAUST MUFFLER TIP For VW Golf 6 MK6 2009-2011

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
I installed these and at first I wasn't happy with them but now I love them. It takes a while to get the spacing and the fitment right but they are good quality and a good price. You can put a best offer on ebay (I offered $54 and it was accepted) There is a thread with pictures if you search. If you need pics I can get some later and post.

The one thing I did was buy shorter bolts, the ones that come with it are too long.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-2011-Volkswagen-VW-Golf-Polished-Exhaust-Tips-Set-/220844169051?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AGolf|Submodel%3ATDI&hash=item336b56975b#ht_3050wt_1165

Last edited:

BusinessAsUsual

Go Kart Champion
I installed these and at first I wasn't happy with them but now I love them. It takes a while to get the spacing and the fitment right but they are good quality and a good price. You can put a best offer on ebay (I offered $54 and it was accepted) There is a thread with pictures if you search. If you need pics I can get some later and post.

The one thing I did was buy shorter bolts, the ones that come with it are too long.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-2011-Volkswagen-VW-Golf-Polished-Exhaust-Tips-Set-/220844169051?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AGolf|Submodel%3ATDI&hash=item336b56975b#ht_3050wt_1165

Exactly. And they can be a bitch to install too... but theyre looking great so far so no complaints!