GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official lightweight wheels thread

Halvie

WOOSA
Any other wheels / anything get released?

New volks for our cars are probably on par with the lightest you can get, but they are so ugly :(

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
TR Motorsports 17.5lbs 17x8 (made by Enkei for Tire Rack)

OZ makes a few wheels in 17 and 18 that are 17-18.5lbs as well.

TrogdorsWraith

Ready to race!
I like those TSWs and the Neuspeed 07's. Anybody drag or track with say Detroits and go light? Is it really that big a difference to justify the cost? Oh and did the VW inserts from your Detroits fit the TSWs or did you have to order some in a different size?

Thank you

Last edited:

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
adv.1 seven 18.4 lbs. i thought they were 19lbs but they were lighter. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0191.jpg
    IMG_0191.jpg
    392.2 KB · Views: 1,052
  • IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0233.jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 1,399

micah360

Ready to race!
the centers on the TSWs are decals. They are a larger centercap than the Detroits.

I like those TSWs and the Neuspeed 07's. Anybody drag or track with say Detroits and go light? Is it really that big a difference to justify the cost? Oh and did the VW inserts from your Detroits fit the TSWs or did you have to order some in a different size?

Thank you

DarkCloak

Banned
Work Meisters. Weight with tire is 38.5lbs. I have thought about painting them matte grey in a year or so just to mix up the look. Note the Michelin Super Sports are 3lbs lighter than the previous PS2s

Attachments

• 2011-12-09 15.21.00.jpg
    2011-12-09 15.21.00.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 1,550
  • 2011-12-09 15.20.24.jpg
    2011-12-09 15.20.24.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 895

Halvie

WOOSA
Work Meisters. Weight with tire is 38.5lbs. I have thought about painting them matte grey in a year or so just to mix up the look. Note the Michelin Super Sports are 3lbs lighter than the previous PS2s

Was actually looking at those earlier. They will do whatever bolt pattern you need, right? Work's site is hard to understand.

adv.1 seven 18.4 lbs. i thought they were 19lbs but they were lighter. :)

Awesome wheels!!! Have always wanted a set of adv. Just not sure I want to pay for them :)

dav1d

Ready to race!
Did anyone actually feel a difference in performance by reducing unsprung weight on this car?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
yes, the car feels lighter / feels a tad quicker. "butt dyno" notices it.

Halvie

WOOSA
Did anyone actually feel a difference in performance by reducing unsprung weight on this car?

would be nice to have actual numbers between sprung and unsprung weight reduction. I don't think it is 4x or whatever most people say.