GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any decent mountain routes through NY/PA?

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
Hello neighbors to the north.

A week from today, my girl and I are going on a road trip from NC to Boston, after a weekend or so, we're going to hit Quebec for a couple days, and then wind our way down the Appalachians back home.

Are there any good mountain roads in your neck of the woods, particularly ones that run north-south? The plan is to avoid the interstate at all costs, but would still like the funnest route back, without being too indirect.

We're spoiled down here; when I purchased my car in NJ last month, had an opportunity to break it in and wind it out on the Blue Ridge Parkway, clearing most of the Virginia section. I'm saving the NC segment and mountains (as well as eastern Tennessee) for when I am a worthy driver.

Anyway, any suggested paths through your mountainous areas would be most appreciated.

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
Incidentally, despite the silence from the 70-odd peeps who opened this thread, found an adequate trail. In NY, Route 3 to 30 to 8 comprise a ~200 mile tour named the 'Adirondack Trail.' Runs from around Plattsburg to Utica.

A bit graded and wide for my tastes, but enjoyable with a couple curves. Leaves were changing on the north side, but not too many peepers blocking the path.

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
Right on, didn't mean to disparage y'all with the tone.

I'll be passing back through NJ later this month, so any info you may have regarding routes is much appreciated. Since getting the GTI, I've found the back roads off of the I-80s to be infinitely more pleasurable than the sh!thole known as I95.