GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TIMING CHAIN REPLACED AND NOW CAR DOSENT START

tturbocar

Passed Driver's Ed
My first thread here has to be a bad one. have a 2010 6spd with just over 101k on the clock. A few weeks ago had the car die and sputter on me. Come to find out the car had jumped 3 teeth but never bent the valves. So decided to replace the tensioner assy and chains, hpfp,fuel filter(since the previous owner never had!) cam roller, and low pressure pump. Got her back on friday from the shop and ran great I was back with a smile on my face. Now come wednesday morning I go to start it and nothing! She cranks over but no spark. I checked the plugs there fine had extra coils and still nothing. Batterys good as well...no cels...im so lost.....:iono::iono::iono:

DELETE

Autocross Champion
You have to plug a diagnostic tool in whether it’s autozone crap or a p3 gauge or a COBB AP, there could be soft codes. Start there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mimog3

Passed Driver's Ed
Where you located? Your location says Arlington. if you're in VA I could stop by and take a look. otherwise talk to the shop that did the work and see if they can look at it.

I have an Wifi OBD adapter for my phone that I use with an app called Carly for VAG which does dealer level diag.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Where you located? Your location says Arlington. if you're in VA I could stop by and take a look. otherwise talk to the shop that did the work and see if they can look at it.

I have an Wifi OBD adapter for my phone that I use with an app called Carly for VAG which does dealer level diag.

Is that a paid app?? iPhone??

lukesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Could be anything. Best to run the codes or take it back to whomever worked on it last.