GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Volkswagen has best total quality"

manny2206

Ready to race!
Reading all the cements; and must of you guys dont seem to have read properly, The article breaks down their process of picking and choosing into two basic categories, with subcategories in each.

On one hand you have mechanical quality i.e how many issues do costumers report back... are there any recurring issues, are the issues serious,not so serious, small...

on the other category you have overall customer satisfaction in relation to their car
like the article says, even speakers quality/sound are taken in consideration...
for example VW was leading in this deparment because VWs FEEL better... more expensive then what they actually are... the finish is top notch, the styling is great(subjective, but over all taken for truth).. build quality is great and craftmanship and attention to detail is there.. (which most of us could agree on this).

Perfect example, while car shopping two months ago(got gti duh) i had a 2012 camry rental for 3 weeks... while you can take comfort knowing your mechanical quality is great, there interior felt cheap, cheap hard plastic every where, styling was boring, and uninspired.. nav was decent and Bluetooth was decent as well.
driving was big fat and comfy, soaking all the bumps in the road etc...
/
short version : camry is conformable and soft and reliable, but feels cheap and very boring styling inside the cabin.

manny2206

Ready to race!
Keep in mind we are all remapping our encrypted ECU's and asking them to produce 50% more boost while tinkering around with other modifications such as suspension and exhaust/intake flow. I'm willing to bet stock GTI's have little to no issues in the 2012 model year.

i.. dont really notice the lag.... i have the 6spd there is a certain travel before the pedal 'start' reacting but thats how cars are the engaging point of the clutch or brake pedals shouldn't be right at the very top

MMM.PWR

Ready to race!
...skips to guitar solo

(Guitar solo)

I see a little silhouetto of a man

Edit: This thread inspired me to watch Wayn'es World tonight because VW quality

Shini

Go Kart Champion
After what they put me through i doubt i may buy another vw

"they" as in your shitty dealer, not VW, so you're saying based on what 1 dealer did to your car (which was a damned nightmare) you're not going to buy another VW ever - regarldess if it's from the highly recommended Hamilton vw?

I mean...these are you words

Update: 7/18/12 - new engine in - car runs great. Kudos to hamilton vw, highly recommended

Shini

Go Kart Champion
Also...now I've got Queen stuck in my head...

LOVE THIS FORUM

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
Keep in mind we are all remapping our encrypted ECU's and asking them to produce 50% more boost while tinkering around with other modifications such as suspension and exhaust/intake flow. I'm willing to bet stock GTI's have little to no issues in the 2012 model year.

Water pump failures - 10 pages
http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4872&highlight=waterpump

Exploding engines due to timing chain tensioner failures
http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43654

Premature clutch failures - 13 pages
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30954

Subframe bolts loosening
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22849

DSG mechatronic failures
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23854

Not to mention coil packs, intake manifolds, and carbon buildup on the valves. Some of these cars were modded, others weren't. My un-modded car has had both the dual mass flywheel springs fail (resulting in new clutch and FW at 26k miles), and water pump failure.

These cars aren't exactly quality built. I'm starting to really wonder about the Wolfsburg facility. Right now, reliability wise, my GTI isn't doing any better than my Mexican-built Focus did, and far far worse than anything coming out of American truck plants.

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
We should do a group-buy on bus passes...

barische

Go Kart Champion
"they" as in your shitty dealer, not VW, so you're saying based on what 1 dealer did to your car (which was a damned nightmare) you're not going to buy another VW ever - regarldess if it's from the highly recommended Hamilton vw?

I mean...these are you words

Try to be in my shoes.. There is no way in hell i can do it again!! Yea hamilton was great, amazing, etc.. But i much rather be owning an out of warranty higher quality cars such as e92 m3 maybe in say 2-3 years..

McQueen77

Banned
Try to be in my shoes.. There is no way in hell i can do it again!! Yea hamilton was great, amazing, etc.. But i much rather be owning an out of warranty higher quality cars such as e92 m3 maybe in say 2-3 years..

i agree that BMW makes a more quality built car, but the majority of people and friends i know with Bimmers in recent years have described it as a 'dealer time share' in that the car is always at the dealer and they are always in a loaner.