GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Polar FIS+ Advanced Product Install and Information

jwal

Ready to race!
Still a little heistant on this from reading previous posts, I'd assume that the firmware updates have solved alot of the issues. Really would like to get a feel good that alot of the little tweaks have been figured out, improper boost readings, CAN bus error, etc.

Are there any other users that can provide a more recent review?
Everything seems to work for me. So far, I feel it was worth the money. I did though pick a mechanical boost gauge as I want to compare the readings. Not sure when I will install it.
I had issues with some stuff, but polar seemed to fix them. The only thing I am not sure is working is the mirror moving when in reverse.

robertschultz1

Ready to race!
Everything seems to work for me. So far, I feel it was worth the money. I did though pick a mechanical boost gauge as I want to compare the readings. Not sure when I will install it.
I had issues with some stuff, but polar seemed to fix them. The only thing I am not sure is working is the mirror moving when in reverse.

Thanks, the mirror down will definitely be useful as I always have to manually do it getting into some parking spots in reverse.

From the looks, it seams Polar is very good with technical support which is always great.

jwal

Ready to race!
Thanks, the mirror down will definitely be useful as I always have to manually do it getting into some parking spots in reverse.

From the looks, it seams Polar is very good with technical support which is always great.

It took them a little while to get it fix my issues, but they did get fix. One of these days I will mess with the mirror down feature again.

Icer Jo

Ready to race!

Friend of mine said the boost is incorrect if the car is tuned, I'm debating whether I should keep or sell my Podi Blue needle boost gauge kit lol.. I hope you get your mechanical one installed soon :D

jwal

Ready to race!
Friend of mine said the boost is incorrect if the car is tuned, I'm debating whether I should keep or sell my Podi Blue needle boost gauge kit lol.. I hope you get your mechanical one installed soon :D

Funny thing... Boost gauge is installed... Just not connected to the vent. My boost tap was missing parts so the company had to send me what wasnt in the package. Hopefully It will be ready by the weekend. I need to test for boost leaks.

Icer Jo

Ready to race!
Funny thing... Boost gauge is installed... Just not connected to the vent. My boost tap was missing parts so the company had to send me what wasnt in the package. Hopefully It will be ready by the weekend. I need to test for boost leaks.

Thank you for the prompt reply! Pending your testing, I may add a boost gauge after May, Just need to decide when I'm getting my Polar FIS. Gotta wait for funds to free up again, unless I dip into my new Computer Funds.
Also Which Gauge did you go with?

jwal

Ready to race!
Thank you for the prompt reply! Pending your testing, I may add a boost gauge after May, Just need to decide when I'm getting my Polar FIS. Gotta wait for funds to free up again, unless I dip into my new Computer Funds.
Also Which Gauge did you go with?

I just picked up a used newsouth mechanical.

If you order the polar vis, go to the start of this thread. That code should still work.

Icer Jo

Ready to race!
I just picked up a used newsouth mechanical.

If you order the polar vis, go to the start of this thread. That code should still work.

Thanks, I've been in contact with the Vendor, I'm just waiting for a couple other things to fall through on my end and hopefully get my friend on-board with getting one for his GTI so we can save on shipping. Other than that I'm ready lol.

mattkosem1

Ready to race!
Finally got around to installing mine today. Wish I had done it sooner, since it took about 25 minutes. I strapped mine to the stamped bracket where the foot duct attaches instead of the round one. It is nice and easy to hook the USB cable up to it without removing anything.

The cable setup on mine is different than the OP's. The gateway cable plugs right into mine, and it has another cable that plugs into the socket on the firewall. Nevertheless, it all went in no problem.

I had to pick the diagnostic option to get boost reading correctly. Otherwise it seems to be working well. The fuel pressure and fuel rail pressure don't really seem to show anything meaningful. Anyone know if there is a way to make them work?

--Matt

evolDiesel

Passed Driver's Ed
Subbd'