GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mac's '12 CW Manual - Advice Wanted.

3D1to153

Passed Driver's Ed
Mac's '12 CW Manual

May 13 - I've returned from my deployment and it was like fucking Christmas for me. Props/thanks to Grambles423's amazing thread http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36928 I've learned a load of things.

Car as it sits now:

From left to right: inside box, Unibrace RB and outside is the XB. VW sport springs top middle and to the right is a VWR short shifter. The two large center boxes are a APR catback and APR downpipe. Right side is Neuspeed turbo outlet pipe and hi-flo air charge pipe...

It all fits in the back! I'm picking up car/items in TN and going back to Baltimore to install!

18May: I first installed* the VWR Short Shifter, I stupidly threw away 3 of the super flimsy white pieces because they looked like trash to me. Then I did not have a reverse and my first gear was where my reverse should be and second was below that... That was due to the lack of the plastic piece that attaches to the ball bearing piece. I bought the 3 pieces from ECS Tuning and it should be here this week and I'll install..

23May:
Installed the Neuspeed turbo outlet pipe and the other pipe that leads from the turbo. It really helps when you've got a free lift courtesy of the military.

C O S M E T I C S:
TINT
18% on all but the front window, its amazing.

WHEELS
19" I'm currently pretty sold on the Sunken Treasure color rims and buying VMR's V710s or V713s or Neuspeed's RSe14s or RSe12s.

Last edited:

3D1to153

Passed Driver's Ed
Final day of working in the shop. Thankfully. I was tired of fucking with the car after only 3 days of 5 hours each.

Catback in box:

Catback installed and I put on my Unibrace RB.

APR 3" downpipe on top of Unibrace UB.

Some arsty shit. Waiting for my springs to settle

Last edited:

qshashaa

Ready to race!
Your stage 2 intake pipe could leak i wouldn't keep it for long (IMO), also dont install downpipe until you flash stage 2 because you will get a check engine light ( and save money for a clutch when you go stage 2 it will slip eventually). As for tires I recommend Michelin Pilot Super Sports, I'm on my 2nd set and im loving them (comes with a 30k warranty). The boost tap is only useful if you want to install a boost gauge to measure the pounds of boost, otherwise i don't think its necessary.

3D1to153

Passed Driver's Ed
Your stage 2 intake pipe could leak i wouldn't keep it for long (IMO)

What do you mean 'leak'? Leak air? I havent read anything about this.

also dont install downpipe until you flash stage 2 because you will get a check engine light
The DP should be same day as stage 2. I plan on putting it on with the Unibraces. Even if its not same day, can I just throw it on and ignore the light for a day or two? Shouldnt be any negative effects, correct?

save money for a clutch when you go stage 2 it will slip eventually
Thats for sure, but I have seen Stage 2 folks with 50k+ miles and stock is still holding strong. Thanks

qshashaa

Ready to race!
Not leaking air but it I heard it puts pressure on the rear PCV valve causing it to leak oil (reference: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47513 ) and yeah you should be fine if you install it and flash a couple of days later. As for clutch you might need it or you might not but it's always good to be safe and have the money laying around incase

Last edited:

3D1to153

Passed Driver's Ed
So apparently I'm fucking stupid and cant upload regular people photos. Hit ctrl and - like 5 times to scroll through or :cool:fuckingdealwithit:cool:

3D1to153

Passed Driver's Ed
Bump because I'm done for a while. Probably going to go for a R front end and maybe a APR FMIC