GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question about Body Side Molding

tdi-mk6

Diesel it is!
Does anyone know the sizes of the VW 4dr body side molding part # 1K1071329? Called the dealer and they couldn't tell me!!?????
Thanks!

koolgreen

Ready to race!
Is that the part number for the mk6?
I have measured the doors and the mk5 moulding would fit the mk6,
but the curvature of the door is slightly different.
Not sure if the moulding just follows the curve of the door, or if the curve is built into the moulding.
How much are they quoting?
Are they already painted to match original colours?

tdi-mk6

Diesel it is!
Is that the part number for the mk6?
I have measured the doors and the mk5 moulding would fit the mk6,
but the curvature of the door is slightly different.
Not sure if the moulding just follows the curve of the door, or if the curve is built into the moulding.
How much are they quoting?
Are they already painted to match original colours?

Yes, it also fits on the MK6, if you select a Golf mk6 2010 on vw.com - this piece comes up (only it's shown on a jetta).

At my dealer they quoted $130.00 (unpainted) - kinda high! But I found this on Ebay (painted): http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&itu=UCI&otn=3&ps=6&clkid=7613201372857582209

His sizes are:
front door: 40"
rear door: 30"
height: 1.25"

His are not orginal, so that's why I wanted to know the OEM size. To be honest, I think his (ebay) are kind of big....

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
eew eew eew. For the love of god, don't do it! ruining such nice lines on the side of the car...

edit: Not to mention they still look like crap when they get scratched and dinged up, if they even get lucky and somehow hit their door first (never happens). And when you take them off, your paint underneath them will be either ruined (from adhesive, grit, and corrosives that get stuck behind them) or a different color than the rest of your paint (from aging and UV damage to the rest of the paint).

Last edited:

tdi-mk6

Diesel it is!
...9 10? :)

I actually like the side molding, I wouldn't take it for dents and stuff......hmmm now I have to think twice about it.....keep the comments coming!