GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Like a rattling noise at low speeds? Yeah that's your clutch, it's normal. My GTI used to do it with the SACHS SRE Stage 2. Had a really light flywheel. Under 2k it sounded like marbles in my trans.

It's not chatter, it's just the nature of those clutches. I have a twin disk in my vette now and it has a bit of NVH at low RPMs as well. Chatter is when taking off in first gear, if you keep the RPMs real low you'll feel the car literally chatter when it tries to engage. It will translate vibration into the cabin. If you have an organic faced single disk it would be tough to get it to chatter. The more aggressive materials, like cerametallic, will chatter if not engaged correctly.

The word chatter on this forum is always thrown around incorrectly, the noise that people refer to as "chatter" here is just the NVH from a clutch with a light flywheel.

Not so much a rattling noise. It's kinda hard to explain its kinda like metal gears meshing. This video is kinda similar, just gotta hear the actual rocks past the engine noise. It's only below about 2k rpms but its even louder than my intake.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Picked it up from the timing tensioner/chain job. My tensioner looks pretty good, so I kinda feel like it was a waste, but at least it's not something I need to worry about now.

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
I’m at the dealership getting my APR stage II software updated from 2.1 to 2.4. Wish me luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

93serprise

Ready to race!
Yay....this came in finally....

93serprise

Ready to race!
Double post...sorry guys.

Last edited:

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
I’m at the dealership getting my APR stage II software updated from 2.1 to 2.4. Wish me luck.

I liked mine.. had to immediately change my spark plugs to a new set for gap.. then it was go time :D:D

Wait... you're stage II.. me sad

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Cobb AP tuner is in. Tested out Stage I+ map from Cobb. This weekend I will tinker more with the Stage II OTS tune. Curious if I will need to upgrade clutch soon - time will tell assuming i will run the stage II file pretty much going forward...

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!
Yay....this came in finally....

Sent from my Oneplus 6 using Tapatalk
Post a review after u install it. We have a pretty similar setup :D

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
I liked mine.. had to immediately change my spark plugs to a new set for gap.. then it was go time :D:D

Wait... you're stage II.. me sad

I have to say, as long as it continues to run the same as it did today in a few weeks, without any of the problems that others have had with 2.4, I’m totally down. I wasn’t happy with the loss of low end torque when I went from stage I to stage II. My torque curve today was just silly awesome from about 2500-4000 rpm.

Tifore

Ready to race!
I have to say, as long as it continues to run the same as it did today in a few weeks, without any of the problems that others have had with 2.4, I’m totally down. I wasn’t happy with the loss of low end torque when I went from stage I to stage II. My torque curve today was just silly awesome from about 2500-4000 rpm.

Curious as I must have missed it, but what are the problems people are having with the 2.4 file?

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
Curious as I must have missed it, but what are the problems people are having with the 2.4 file?

If I understand it correctly, losing boost under hard acceleration around 3000 because of how the ecu processes the torque gain, especially in 5th/6th gears. APR told some people it was because of a boost leak, but I’ve got a forge mechanical dv and a catch can that deletes the pvc, so that narrows down the possibility of boost leak quite a bit.

There’s also been talk of surging and revs jumping when releasing the clutch from a stop.

I haven’t noticed anything like that yet, but it’s only been a day.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Cobb AP tuner is in. Tested out Stage I+ map from Cobb. This weekend I will tinker more with the Stage II OTS tune. Curious if I will need to upgrade clutch soon - time will tell assuming i will run the stage II file pretty much going forward...

You'll most likely need a clutch. I was running the Stage 2 OTS tune until my clutch started to slip, then I went to stage 1+ until it started to slip, then to stock and drove like a bitch until I got my new clutch. Now getting all the mods in place before custom stratified tune.

richterat83

Passed Driver's Ed
Did an oil change at 145K on mine. Also ordered some WellVisors for the windows to be able to leave the windows cracked in the FL summer.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Drove my mom's mk6 Jetta. My GTI is in the shop with a broken stud/exhaust manifold leak. Her car is so sloooooow, needs boost bad. Decided to go ahead and put my turbo blanket back on since I am done tweaking my forge wga. Hopefully get my baby back on Monday, minus leak, with my low end spool and mpgs restored.

93serprise

Ready to race!
Received parts to fix my faulty oxygen sensor and Cel light. Yup...I took this pic from the shitter....