GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
It's possible they sent you 2 crackle tunes, but they should be able to figure out if they did. When I got my first tune they sent me 2 no crackle files and fixed it for me after I emailed them.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
It's possible they sent you 2 crackle tunes, but they should be able to figure out if they did. When I got my first tune they sent me 2 no crackle files and fixed it for me after I emailed them.
yeah im pretty sure its NEC for "No exhaust crackles" and LEC for "loud exhaust crackles" or something like that.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
yeah im pretty sure its NEC for "No exhaust crackles" and LEC for "loud exhaust crackles" or something like that.

Yup, that's right. My first set of tunes I got were NEC and LEC, but I wasn't getting crackles from the LEC tune until I had them look at it and send me a new tune.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
i went from apr to stratified and im still experiencing rev hang, can it be my intake? Pcv? I emailed them but no reply for 2 weeks

brobst

Go Kart Champion
i went from apr to stratified and im still experiencing rev hang, can it be my intake? Pcv? I emailed them but no reply for 2 weeks
Im pretty sure rev hang is an emissions thing. If you go into positive pressure (boost) before shifting, it should not hang

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

smanierre

Autocross Champion

I noticed when I have my AC on the revs drop like a rock. If I shift at 3k I have to pretend like im WOT or else i'll miss hard. Just use that whenever you aren't boosting.:thumbup:

Noodle1

Ready to race!
Im pretty sure rev hang is an emissions thing. If you go into positive pressure (boost) before shifting, it should not hang

Still dont know wtf this is, revving up to like 4k helps when shifting but the hang still feels weird, i have a clutch and lightweight flywheel so that should've helped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoYn3jehmA

smanierre

Autocross Champion

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
nvm

Last edited:

smanierre

Autocross Champion
ecs full intake
Oh, two of the ones I had, the cobb and forge twintake caused an issue similar to this because they messed with either the MAF sensor position or diameter.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

brobst

Go Kart Champion

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
What AFRs are y'all seeing at WOT. I looked at my logs and it says my tune is commanding 12.05 at full boost (25psi), which seems kind of high (aren't 10-11 normal). Car is staying in the high 11s (11.76-11.91) (AFR) during pulls. The shop commented that my old o2 sensor looked scorched for running lean. Thoughts? My engine temps have been high which I know happens when you run leaner. LPFP is at 90-92% duty cycle, and this on 91. Currently on my 10th revision, long way to go still. Also car has been inhaling fuel since I got my exhaust leak "fixed" and put new fuel filter and o2 sensor on.

Log of 3rd gear pull:

https://datazap.me/u/dallasdub/protune-20-log-v1-most-recent?log=0&data=6-27

Last edited:

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
11.76 is 0.8 thats perfectly fine for wot. Lower than that is not needed really.

Ok thanks