GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Beating a dead horse again...

jasonweremy

Ready to race!
I think that the OP should also open a thread called "Scientology is a religion". We all know it's a debate that's never going to end and it's going to end in an argument lol.

I agree with some of the posters that you don't feel as in control with a DSG that you do a manual. I drive friends cars who are automatic and I hate it. I would never give up driving a manual, not even for a million dollars. When it comes to owning one or the other it comes down to preference, driving style, where you live etc.

mortis

Ready to race!
Sounds like Morty is just upset that he burned the clutch out of his last car and his wife told him he couldn't get the one he actually wanted but instead had to get automatic. I wouldn't have fallen for that one.

My wife and I can both drive manual cars. She prefers manual, but the traffic she drives in wouldn't make sense for either one of us. BWT.... the name is Mortis.

shahabdin

Ready to race!
Manual is only for men *nerd face*

Hey let's not get personal about it. It's all for a bit of debate and fun ;)
DSG depends on the situation, when even a man wishes he had it like up a terribly inclined hill or driving up the mountains...

the clutch on the GTI is pretty frickin light. How much traffic are some of you guys in??? I live in Houston, traffic every day, and my left foot can handle it. Having said that, on the track, I'd take that dsg shit.

mortis

Ready to race!
I too live in Houston and happy with my DSG. My commute home from 290 and Hwy 6 takes 1 hour to go 22 miles back to the casa. 32 freaking stop light. At least I get to check my email and messages at every stop :)

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Hey let's not get personal about it. It's all for a bit of debate and fun ;)
DSG depends on the situation, when even a man wishes he had it like up a terribly inclined hill or driving up the mountains...

I drive a DSG :lol:

LOL at chuck norris...i miss the emoticons from 8thcivic.com :p

BentValve

Ready to race!
:rolleyes: On my 04 WRX I had 60,000 miles on the original clutch with no signs of slipping. Only if you drive like a moron...

:yikes:

A properly driven manual clutch can easily last 200,000+ miles, but I guarantee you that only about 5-10% of manual cars/trucks out there are driven properly.
You might be saying "I am one of them!" I would doubt that. I could ride with a person for 15 min and point out 3-4 things they are doing incorrectly for a clutch to last forever. :)

I was manuals only for about 20 years then I moved to autos , mostly because I am a multi-tasker. I love my DSG......I leave it in drive 97% of the time.

I too live in Houston and happy with my DSG. My commute home from 290 and Hwy 6 takes 1 hour to go 22 miles back to the casa. 32 freaking stop light. At least I get to check my email and messages at every stop :)

32 stop lights??? on hwy 6???

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
We all know dsg is faster...

BUT:

1. Many find driving a manual more fun
2. DSG costs more
3. DSG has a higher rate of failure than manual.
4. 50% of GTIs sold in the US are manual.

I love the #4 well.. 50% of GTIs sold in the US are DSG haha jk
It all depends on the drivers wants and needs I have a dsg but i do miss the feeling of a manual.