Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
2011 Volkswagen GTI 2.0T
Carbon Steel Gray
4dr w/ Sunroof, Nav, and Xenons
Purchased 9/13/2015

~Exterior~
LED Xenons Retrofit from (non-LED) Xenons
Dark Cherry LED Tail Lights (from One Perfect Dose)
45% & 18% Suntek Tint
Tint on Rear Reflectors
Klii Color Matched Side Markers
Yellow Fog Lights
deAutoKey License Plate LEDs

~Performance~
Unitronic Stage 2
SPM/Eurojet catted Turboback
Eurojet Catback
GFB DV+
034 Dogbone Mount Insert

~Interior~
Red LED Footwells
Golfball Shifter

~Suspension/Wheels~
18" Audi Q5 Wheels
ST Coilovers

Day 1:

10/7/17

Last edited:

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
First mod (besides my transferred wheels and LED tails) will be either an intake (Neuspeed or Unitronic) or Stage 1 (Unitronic or APR). APR dealer is closer, but I like the idea of Unitronic if I'm getting the intake from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
Will be getting my first performance mod soon and I want to respray the calipers red. Hopefully I can get it done this week!

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
Added a CTS Turbo Cold Air Intake this morning. Those clamps can be a bitch! Love the sound it makes, although I do get a whining noise under hard acceleration that I've heard other people had issues with.

datdudeukno

Passed Driver's Ed
I have that terrible whitle noise too. Went back to the stock upper section (stage 2, whatever) from the turbo to the maf and it all but went away. But it definitely also lost some of the good sounds. Can't hear the turbo or blow off as much. Everyone says the dv is the problem, so I'll leave mine like it is until I can afford a dv+.

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I heard getting the DV+ will fix it, so that will be up next.

Case182

Ready to race!
Yeah I heard getting the DV+ will fix it, so that will be up next.

Yup thats the fix. Its on my list of this to do still. Cant hear it now with my new exhaust haha.

Builds looking good so far. Loving the wheels.

PNWKuey

Passed Driver's Ed
Looking good man. Love my CTS Intake. I don't hear any whinning noise from mine. But I did install a DV+ when I installed my intake. Those clamps are a pain in the ass when you don't have the right tool haha. Used a pair of needle nose pliers to do mine.

One thing to consider if this happens to you. After installing my intake I had vibration in the brake pedal when I was at idle. After some research it was because the intake was resting on the brake fluid reservoir. I used a long bolt with some spacers to raise the filter and it fixed the problem.

Now you just need a CTS turbo back! Im installing my Cat back on Friday!

Good luck on the build!

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
Yup thats the fix. Its on my list of this to do still. Cant hear it now with my new exhaust haha.

Builds looking good so far. Loving the wheels.

Thanks, good to know there's another enthusiast in Sac!

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
Looking good man. Love my CTS Intake. I don't hear any whinning noise from mine. But I did install a DV+ when I installed my intake. Those clamps are a pain in the ass when you don't have the right tool haha. Used a pair of needle nose pliers to do mine.

One thing to consider if this happens to you. After installing my intake I had vibration in the brake pedal when I was at idle. After some research it was because the intake was resting on the brake fluid reservoir. I used a long bolt with some spacers to raise the filter and it fixed the problem.

Now you just need a CTS turbo back! Im installing my Cat back on Friday!

Good luck on the build!

Yeah I think the DV+ is the solution for sure then. Thanks for the tip if I encounter the brake pedal problem! Gonna try to get Stage 1 done first then I'll move on to Turbo back/downpipe, then stage 2(maybe) lol. I for sure want to take my time and buy quality parts and only one time.

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
Hey! I just saw that haha. Didnt even look when I saw your thread.

Yea there's not too many around here. I always check for LED tails since most people on here have them lol.

Case182

Ready to race!
Ill eventually get them. Headlights are priority for me, even though the tails look damn good.