GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobb Turbo back exhaust for mk6

JS12

Ready to race!
I installed one of these a few weeks ago and am also very happy with the fit/finish/sound. Cold starts can be slightly obnoxious but once warmed up it almost feels like a dual-mode exhaust depending on how heavy your foot is. It can be quiet when driving through a neighborhood but screams when hitting an onramp.

maine-mk6

Passed Driver's Ed
I installed one of these a few weeks ago and am also very happy with the fit/finish/sound. Cold starts can be slightly obnoxious but once warmed up it almost feels like a dual-mode exhaust depending on how heavy your foot is. It can be quiet when driving through a neighborhood but screams when hitting an onramp.

Perfect description. I completely agree. It's nice to be able to drive through my neighborhood without bothering anyone, being obnoxiously loud, but when your out cruising it really opens up and sounds aggressive. I'll post up a cold start and step down video soon.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
That's funny I just ordered a cobb TBE last night. Now you got me that much more excited. How was taking the stock downpipe off? I always have nightmares of studs snapping. But these cars are still fairly new so I'm hoping for a relatively clean install

JS12

Ready to race!
That's funny I just ordered a cobb TBE last night. Now you got me that much more excited. How was taking the stock downpipe off? I always have nightmares of studs snapping. But these cars are still fairly new so I'm hoping for a relatively clean install

Luckily, all of my exhaust pipes looked brand new when I removed them. This is mostly because there's no salt from ice or oceans where I live and because my 2012 is fairly low mileage at under 50k. I bought replacement studs as a precaution but didn't use them.

I read all of the DIY threads I could find and followed an install video for the COBB on YouTube. The one tricky nut added about 45 minutes to the install but it wasn't too bad overall. It definitely beat the $300-400 estimates that I got from two shops.

maine-mk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Local shop did it for me for $160, too good to pass up. I don't have a lift, and it's the middle of winter right now.

maine-mk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Last edited:

maine-mk6

Passed Driver's Ed

carmaster22

Passed Driver's Ed
Sounds good, I'm assuming this is the standard TBE system and not the one with the resonated DP rear section, correct?

Does anyone know where I can videos or sound clips of the Cobb TBE system with the resonated DP rear section?

B6JoeS4

Ready to race!
I just ordered a TBE from them this past week, should be here today. Sounds great in all the videos.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Received my TBE today...and good grief this exhaust is gorgeous. Will install this weekend, will post video/pics after!

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Cobb has always been a bit pricey, but quality is gigs from what I've seen

$1,200 shipped for a TBE is one of the cheapest offerings for the MK6. CTS is about $100 cheaper on sale right now, otherwise you're looking at $1600+ (ECS, 42DD, Miltek, Billy Boat, Corsa, VWR, etc)

Anyone know where to get the best price on this exhaust?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Buy it right from Cobb honestly. If you buy the DP/CBE together you get it at a discounted price and it's free shipping with UPS ground. They did a good job of packaging it too.

FriggenT1

Banned
$1,200 shipped for a TBE is one of the cheapest offerings for the MK6. CTS is about $100 cheaper on sale right now, otherwise you're looking at $1600+ (ECS, 42DD, Miltek, Billy Boat, Corsa, VWR, etc)

Buy it right from Cobb honestly. If you buy the DP/CBE together you get it at a discounted price and it's free shipping with UPS ground. They did a good job of packaging it too.

I wasn't trying to refer to this particular case, but in the past in my experience, their prices were a bit high. My point is mainly that their quality is very nice...comparing them with cts isn't exactly a badge of honor imo.