GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Put 5L of engine oil in MK6 GTI...am I okay?

DSquad48

Did routine oil change the other day (about 100 miles ago). Guess I was on autopilot and mistakenly filled the pan with the entire 5 liter bottle of oil. What’s more is that I didn’t notice the error until I checked my dipstick today and noticed that the oil registered right above the max line...maybe a couple of mm over. Is this going to be a problem?

Don’t change your oil at 2:00AM...!

Pakman332

Ready to race!
Did routine oil change the other day (about 100 miles ago). Guess I was on autopilot and mistakenly filled the pan with the entire 5 liter bottle of oil. What’s more is that I didn’t notice the error until I checked my dipstick today and noticed that the oil registered right above the max line...maybe a couple of mm over. Is this going to be a problem?

Don’t change your oil at 2:00AM...!
It's probably fine, but you could just drain a little out to be safe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

BlueE30

Ready to race!
it's fine. I always put 5 in mine too.

I do that too it takes so close to 5L plus they all burn a bit of oil, will be fine.

Laimface

Ready to race!
My brother did that last week with his H22 Prelude. Easily fixed with VTEC. Goddamn oil burn is real with those things.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
You probably didn’t let it drain long enough or weren’t level. She takes 4.9 quarts bro. Dump all 5 every time. 5W40.....

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!
Surprised you survived, usually our cars blow up

gtibrad

ZUM DIS
NAPA is ultimately my favorite shop. Never failed me. Thanks NAPA
Yep, can't beat $35/5L for probably one of the best Syn-oils. You probably know of or are aware of the MK5's solid tappet Cam Follower(CF) where yours is a roller CF. With the HPFP upgrade on a MK5 FSI, the CF was wearing through the black coating within 10k miles so having to change it($50) every other oil change. I switched to LiquiMoly and it takes 20k miles for it to wear as much now.
Locally we they have a guy there that did a great job rebuilding my head 20k miles ago. Techtonics Tuning(Sheridan OR) actually told me to go there rather than taking it anywhere else and see Mark. Glad I did.

OK, sorry for off-topic $#!@t shooting. :sm3:

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Thanks for reminding me, I’m at 60k and haven’t swapped cam follower. I’m crazy.