GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Deciding on wheels, offset question

Jarred767

Ready to race!
Okay, so I’ve done a bunch of research and decided on the Alzor 628 wheels for my summer wheels (keeping Detroit’s for winter setup). I know they’re reps, but I have a tough time justifying a huge expense right now and don’t do any tracking, but need to get some summer wheels/tires before it warms up.

Question is how much difference will the ET35 be compared to ET45. Will I have to worry about fitment, rubbing, anything else with the 35s? I’m stock height but a minor lowering is probably happening at some point. Both options are 18”x8” with 66.6mm center bore. TIA

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Okay, so I’ve done a bunch of research and decided on the Alzor 628 wheels for my summer wheels (keeping Detroit’s for winter setup). I know they’re reps, but I have a tough time justifying a huge expense right now and don’t do any tracking, but need to get some summer wheels/tires before it warms up.

Question is how much difference will the ET35 be compared to ET45. Will I have to worry about fitment, rubbing, anything else with the 35s? I’m stock height but a minor lowering is probably happening at some point. Both options are 18”x8” with 66.6mm center bore. TIA

The 35 offset will just poke 10mm more than the 45 offset. Stock height you'll probably be fine, and even lowered I doubt there would be an issue, doesn't exactly seem like an aggressive setup. Also make sure you get hubcentric rings to 57.1 mm.

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
This is 18x8 et35 on a mkv GTI rear, should be similar. 215/40 tires.

Just under 24.5" FTG I believe on H&R ultra lows. Rears don't rub at that height or even a 1/2" lower. Probably would rub if lower or with wider tires.

Don't have a photo of the fronts at the moment. At the same height, they rub when hitting a bump while turning. Fenders rolled. Lowered another 1/2", they rub enough to mess up the fender. For some reason only my passenger side rubs.

If you want, PM me and i can send some photos/video.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
This is 18x8 et35 on a mkv GTI rear, should be similar. 215/40 tires.

Just under 24.5" FTG I believe on H&R ultra lows. Rears don't rub at that height or even a 1/2" lower. Probably would rub if lower or with wider tires.

Don't have a photo of the fronts at the moment. At the same height, they rub when hitting a bump while turning. Fenders rolled. Lowered another 1/2", they rub enough to mess up the fender. For some reason only my passenger side rubs.

If you want, PM me and i can send some photos/video.

I have 17x8 et35s on a mk5 as well and they are practically flush with 225/45/17 and a 1" drop on H&R Sports. they would rub if you hit dips or speed bumps too fast even with fender screw mod. I rolled front fenders and they are good now. Not sure how different the mk6 fender is but probably pretty close. Plan to roll fenders and run a smaller tire if youre lowered more than me

Jarred767

Ready to race!
Thanks for the responses guys, really appreciate it. I talked with the rep at ECS and it sounds like I should be good with the ET35, especially since I'm not lowered and only plan to maybe go an inch or so lower. I'll post some pictures up on here and my build thread once I get the new ones on in a couple weeks.