GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Removing/Replacing Emblem in a GOLF Grille

Zach0918

Ready to race!
I’ve seen a bunch of vids/DIYs for doing this with the GTI grill but nothing for the golf. I know how to and have taken the grill off but from there I’m struggling to get the emblem off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nature boy

Ready to race!
i have taken mine off many times to paint (golf as well). you don't need to take the grille off, just grab a hold of the emblem and turn it a quarter or so counter clockwise. be warned though, it isn't easy...

Zach0918

Ready to race!
i have taken mine off many times to paint (golf as well). you don't need to take the grille off, just grab a hold of the emblem and turn it a quarter or so counter clockwise. be warned though, it isn't easy...

Good to know, I tried that with it off but it was hard to twist hard without the grill be attached to anything. Did you break any clips twisting it off?

nature boy

Ready to race!
I never broke any clips, but I bent one like crazy. I just bent it back and all was fine. I think if you push the emblem a bit into the grille, it makes it a bit easier. Think of a child proof pill bottle. It is similar to that

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

QuitersLOSE14

Ready to race!
I broke a clip when I did mine, but I think it might've not been fully disengaged. When I had my grill out I swear I remembered that it seemed best to relieve the tabs from the back, or that it has to be done that way.

The grill is really easy to take off as well. The only trick with reinstallation is to make sure all of the lower tabs on the grill grab the top of the bumper cover. This ties everything in as fragile as the parts may seem.