GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What would be the outcome Stage 2 GTI VS Bseries EG?

Gralold82992

Does anybody know how a stage 2 GTI would do against a Bseries Gutted EG Coupe?

Would outcome be different from roll and dig?

SlowS3

Ready to race!
he would have the advantage from a dig.. ive raced a lot, living here in socal a lot of buddies have them :) just dont race one that is boosted!

3UR0S3X

Does anybody know how a stage 2 GTI would do against a Bseries Gutted EG Coupe?

Would outcome be different from roll and dig?

From a dig you'll have an issue with traction. If you know how to launch and don't have any clutch slip, you'll own him. My MK6 Stage 2+ ate EG, EK, etc.

If you don't know how to launch, then do a roll. In a roll you can take a boosted one as well assuming its a 250-300hp kit

From a dig you'll have an issue with traction. If you know how to launch and don't have any clutch slip, you'll own him. My MK6 Stage 2+ ate EG, EK, etc.

If you don't know how to launch, then do a roll. In a roll you can take a boosted one as well assuming its a 250-300hp kit
:yikes:

You want to 'slip' the clutch a bit when launching to avoid spinning too much. A boosted B series making 250whp is enough to pull any K03 GTI. 300whp in a gutted EG coupe would shatter any dreams a K03 GTI ever had. Would be a better run for a FBO/K04.

What B series is it and mods? That will be the difference maker as there are many variations of the B motor ranging from 160-195hp.

Gralold82992

Thanks Guys, Yea my friend has a stock bseries coupe. Ill probably do some rolls with him sometime this weekend. Maybe post some videos later on next week. I am only stage 1 at moment though.

Heco94

Ready to race!
Our raw HP and Torque give us the advantage off a roll, but that Torque and our weight put us at a disadvantage on a dig. Id race him off a low roll, his Vtec wont be as big of a factory and since your K03 Boost kicks in low. Should be a very easy kill for you, i predict bus lengths. :thumbsup:

SlowS3

Ready to race!
When i was stock i would sometimes beat a b18 vtec on the freeway or lose.. Now at stage 2 its bus lengths ;)