GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driving addiction (low mile junkies not welcome)

JeremiahIsaiah

Go Kart Champion
Whats up guys and girls, anybody here addicted to driving? I am talking about hopping in the car with no particular destination and driving anywhere and everywhere. For example, when I had my EP3 (2005 Civic Si) I purchased new with 60 miles (it was delivered/driven from another dealer since I requested a black one and the one I was at didnt have black) and after 6 years of ownership I managed to rack up 187K and then some on the odometer. Fast forward to the current time and day and I am now in a 2000 Miata (NB). Picked up the car with 52K back in November 2011 and 3 months later to this present day I am at 56K...thats 4K miles in about 3 months. I basically drive all over the Bay Area, from San Jose to San Francisco and everywhere in between. Cruise the major freeways (880, 680, 237, 101, etc). I am just addicted to driving, rowing through the gears, hearing the throaty exhaust note of my straight pipe axleback, tunes in the cabin ranging from Bone Thugs to Biggie...the whole motoring experience is what I live for. Even If I am not driving spiritedly on a curvy road, I am content driving up and down the freeway...its crazy I will go to San Jose from my home in Fremont to and fro about 4 times which is about 120 miles. Some of my friends think I am nuts and maybe I am but is there anyone else out there who does this? I live pretty conservatively (no drugs, expensive clothes, movies, eating out, etc.) so the money I have when all bills are paid goes to gas expenses/maintenance on my vehicle. Anyways if you are a driving whore and not no low mile junkie/treats your car like a garage queen that she is, holler and confess.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
I drive about 23/24k miles per year and love to drive. I frequently just go for a drive for fun. It's my only hobby since I sold my sport bike a few years ago.

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
this car is meant to be driven; i don't get it why some people keep their miles low and all, i mean, there's nothing wrong with that to maintain a good resale value, but I think you shouldn't deprive yourself of a great driving experience with the GTI.

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
I love driving for pleasure. Actually, in 80% of my free time (and by free time I mean all my friends are busy and I have nothing to do) I just hop in my car, cruise around, and bump some good music.

I'm always looking for interesting roads and try and get myself lost sometimes for the fun of it.

Plus it really helps me clear my head.

josuar88

Ready to race!
28k in one year. Would have been easily 30k if my car wasn't in the shop for two months following a small accident.

FiGGy77

Ready to race!
Did that today. Drove around in some B-roads up here in central jersey...having fun w/ my Tiguan 4-motion loaner..LoL...would revisit some of those roads w/ the GTI, just pure back road twisty fun..

I used to do it a lot more back then...

Oh and I racked up 5k in 3 months

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I'll put it for you this way, I drive 11 miles past dozens of stations to get gas.

balius

Go Kart Champion
I've had my car for 16 months and I just hit 45k miles, so almost 3k miles a month for me.

balius

Go Kart Champion
:thumbup: I've always loved to drive, and this car makes it a million times more enjoyable.