GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 Mk6 GTI vs 2010 WRX

omes4life1

Ready to race!
Theres this kid calling me out in a 2010 WRX wagon with just an exhaust (catback i think) do you think i can take him off a roll? I have aFe Intake + stg2 piping, S3 intercooler and APR stage 1 tune (V1.2)

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
If that catback turns out to be a full TBE you're screwed.

If not, you'll beat him from a roll. Stage 1 will be one from a roll from experience with my buddy. I'm pretty sure Stage 1 V1.2 will put a length on him.

Just dont take him from a dig.

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
while driving home from work and following my buddy in his 2010 WRX Sedan, I'd say that he will pull on you but it should be close. I had the new apr stage 1 flash and carbonio stage 1 intake at the time.

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
If that catback turns out to be a full TBE you're screwed.

If not, you'll beat him from a roll. Stage 1 will be one from a roll from experience with my buddy. I'm pretty sure Stage 1 V1.2 will put a length on him.

Just dont take him from a dig.

Yeah, if he has a full TBE and a tune, you're pretty much done. With a setup like that, those WRXes really come alive and the turbo lag is dramatically reduced with a downpipe. I drove a friend's "Stage 2" Legacy GT 2.5, full TBE and a tune. The thing had a torque curve that felt much more like that of the GTI's, only it was significantly faster.

Now, if he has a turbo back and isn't tuned, then he's screwed. The ECUs in those cars don't adapt well to hardware changes without tunes compared to our cars. Just do a search on intakes on most any Subaru performance forum and you'll see that most of them will start to run very lean if you add an intake without a tune.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
A friend has a '09 sedan with all of Perrin's bolt on parts. He dynoed at 296 AWHP the same day that I dynoed 226 with stage 1.
He killed me on the highway after we left.
I won't run him again till I get the K04 kit!

omes4life1

Ready to race!
Ok yea i think he has a TBE with no tune :\ what do you guys think? So basically "i think" he has 275hp with the 25% drivetrain loss leaves him with 207 ~ 210. AWHP

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I think you should race him regardless. You wont really know until you do it.