Looks great!

I love a painted engine cover haha.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie

Flat tire ruined my day

Last edited:

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
How are you liking the Apr tune? I thought I was set on uni but the easily switchable APR programs make me want to change my mind. Also, how is your clutch holding up? (Assuming its stock)

Love the tune! Tons and tons of torque and its a lot smoother than stock. Stage 2 is amazing because your engine keeps pushing after 5k rpms. I can't compare APR to Uni because I've never had nor known anyone with Uni, but I would highly recommend it! I got my stage 1 done at APR's facility and they were super friendly and gave me a great tour.
And I am on the stock clutch as of now, but it's slipping a lot especially in the cold. I'm upgrading in a week or so though [emoji106]

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Got my car back today after getting my RSR Clutch Kit installed! Wow the pedal is different! It's very noticeable how much heavier the pedal felt, and it gives it a nice weight and you can really feel the grip. Makes me feel like man, and I almost feel like I get a bit of a workout in my leg. I immediately stalled when leaving the shop though :laugh:
I'll post an update after I finish the 500 miles of break in...

Alright, so I've got just under 600 miles on the new clutch (about half was city driving) and I feel comfortable saying the clutch is broken in!
The pedal is much more even and has the same stiffness all the way down. It's also softened up a bit, but still has the encouraging stiffness I like. The engagement seems much more precise, I still have to focus occasionally in the lower gears. So far I've only pushed a little bit, but in the next few days I'll really get after it. I'm very satisfied with this purchase!

Been pushing it a lot more now, and it holds everything I've thrown at it. I'm finally able to enjoy all of the stage 2 benefits!

Last edited:

Jhayesvw

Passed Driver's Ed
The car looks great and has very usable mods.
Its nice to see sensibly modded cars.

I had a mk3 golf 4 door VRT and the mk3 forum was full of "interesting" modders.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Paint match side markers?! why have i never heard of this? I checked their website a few times and couldn't find it. Is this a special order item?

Yessir! Just shoot Kenny an email

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Updated pictures, album here: http://imgur.com/a/zQF5z

I also replaced my driver's side window switch since the driver's window wouldn't go up automatically. Dealer quoted me ~$250 for a replace, cost me $40 for the OEM part and 30 minutes of my time. Door panel removal and install was very straight forward!