GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help I need an engine!!

joefix413

So I take my beloved Mk6 in and they say it skipped time and there is this whole long list of things they want to do to figure out exactly how bad it is all designed to have the engine apart by the time they tell me I need a new engine and a remanufactured one will cost me $10000. Is anyone parting a car out or knows where to find one????? I am in the western suburbs of Chicago and need my car back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

aj_law

Go Kart Champion

zrickety

The Fixer
Count your lucky stars if that guy with a 2011 engine is near you. Jay is right, lots of guys stockpile parts including me. GLWSearch

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
It's not all that unheard of man. I have a garage full of parts laying around. My buddy has two spare tsi motors and one fsi motor laying around as well.

I'm sure it's probably more common than I'd expect.

Still, funny to see it posted that way...

Car-part.com is solid advice. Had the same thing happen to my 2011 in September, found an engine local to me on car-part from a 2013 Tiguan with <30k miles for about $2400 and had it installed. So far, so good. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

joefix413

Car-part.com is solid advice. Had the same thing happen to my 2011 in September, found an engine local to me on car-part from a 2013 Tiguan with <30k miles for about $2400 and had it installed. So far, so good. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks for that.... I have to do a little more digging.... My son was able to do a compression test and now I am more confused... The saga continues

joefix413

How many miles on when the Timing jumped?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

I literally just saw this today...... I have 133000 on it and vw thinks that enough to not have to help one little bit.....
I am almost ready to start rebuilding it... I will update when possible.

joefix413

So we have made it this long on one vehicle and my beautiful Tornado Red GTI almost up and running! Both chains and all guides replaced as well as the leaking vacuum pump. I have to re-pin a coil pack connector and i hopefully will have it running this weekend!

chc29

Ready to race!
I literally just saw this today...... I have 133000 on it and vw thinks that enough to not have to help one little bit.....
I am almost ready to start rebuilding it... I will update when possible.

Were there any signs prior to timing jumping? Any chain rattle on start up? How did it happen? While cruising? Right on start up?

I'm sitting at 127k and getting increasingly paranoid about the chain/tensioner, but engine feels strong and no rattles whatsoever.