GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear brake hack (maybe)

Jet DH

Passed Driver's Ed
So I was doing my rear brakes and stumbled on this....

IMG_3774.jpg

IMG_3775.jpg

after beating the passenger side with a BFH, I figured it just needed a bit more leverage instead of brute force.

Since the space is limited/cramped I figures the lug wrench would do just fine.

And it did!!!

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
Nice!!!

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Good solution BUT the first time I did the rear brakes, I didn't find it too bad. It is tight in that area but I approach the bolt from the bottom with a short tripple square socket and extendable ratchet but a supose a pipe extension would work as well.

Cheers

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
The hard part for me was getting the stupid rotor to dislodge after all the bolts were removed. I was beating on that thing. It wouldn't budge. I googled it and someone said use wd-40 around the hub. I laughed. Ya right. Well, I don't know what else to do besides taking a sledge hammer to it. Gave it a couple squirts of PB blaster and waited 10 min. Gave it a tiny tap and it popped right off. Well honk my hooter, someone on the internet was smarter than me. I don't believe it.

I've gotta do the brakes on my jeep. Those drums haven't been off in probably 40 years. I'm going to need a whole case of PB Blaster.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
The hard part for me was getting the stupid rotor to dislodge after all the bolts were removed. I was beating on that thing. It wouldn't budge. I googled it and someone said use wd-40 around the hub. I laughed. Ya right. Well, I don't know what else to do besides taking a sledge hammer to it. Gave it a couple squirts of PB blaster and waited 10 min. Gave it a tiny tap and it popped right off. Well honk my hooter, someone on the internet was smarter than me. I don't believe it.

I've gotta do the brakes on my jeep. Those drums haven't been off in probably 40 years. I'm going to need a whole case of PB Blaster.

Was in the same boat few months back doing rear rotors. My Son said try the PB blaster. I said no way to spray between rotor and hub. He said spray the lug holes and then I laughed.

"Silly rookie.. what do you know about fixing cars". Sprayed. Waited. Tap. Off. :eek:

Still owe him a steak dinner