GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need Shop/mMchanic to Swap Out Turbocharger

Tech72

Ready to race!
My turbocharger is pooched, I have the dreaded P0299 low boost pressure CEL and a loose wastegate flap. Does anyone know of a good shop or mechanic in the west end GTA (Mississauga-Burlington area preferred) that can swap out my stock IHI K03 turbocharger? I have a replacement turbocharger and new installation kit, just need the expertise of a shop/mechanic to do the work. Thanks in advance.

Fast-R

Passed Driver's Ed
AST in Brampton, tell them Richard in the black sleeper Golf R sent you.. They know this platform like the back of their hands.. Owner has an MK5 GTi suuped up as well as an MK7 Golf R suuped up.. They specialize in VW/Audi and can do fabrication when its needed too... Can't go wrong with those guys..

Tech72

Ready to race!
AST in Brampton, tell them Richard in the black sleeper Golf R sent you.. They know this platform like the back of their hands.. Owner has an MK5 GTi suuped up as well as an MK7 Golf R suuped up.. They specialize in VW/Audi and can do fabrication when its needed too... Can't go wrong with those guys..

Appreciate your lead. I'll contact them.

Cheers

Tech72

Ready to race!
Appreciate your lead. I'll contact them.

Cheers

An update for anyone interested. I did contact Auto Select Tuning in Brampton and was able to setup an appointment two days later. I dropped off the car in the evening just before they closed and got a call shortly after lunch the following day to let me know that the turbocharger was replaced and that I could pickup the car.

This was my first time at AST. It was an excellent experience overall. AST was professional, did great work and quoted the best price in the GTA for the particular work on my GTI. I am a satisfied customer and will recommend this shop. Kudos to owner William and the AST team for running an excellent operation.

Fast-R

Passed Driver's Ed
Glad you took me up on my recommendation and everything went well..

Hard to find good, honest and competent mechanics these days...