GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

4motion swapped 2.5 turbo Variant Build

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Got to work on the calipers this afternoon.

After chemically striping the factory powder coat as much as possible, I wire wheeled the remaining coating off and then started sanding to remove all major casting marks.

Just need to get the nooks and crannies with the Dremel now. The remaining small divots from casting are filled by the new powder coat and will produce a buttery smooth look.

About 5.5 hours to get the calipers and carriers to this stage.

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Picked up a new member of the family yesterday. 2019 R-Line Tiguan. This should really get the Wagen project rolling, since it will just be sitting in the shop now.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
nice find! wifey and i were eyeing the r-line at the autoshow the other night pretty hard haha. it's pretty sharp.

zrickety

The Fixer
That's definitely a good looking SUV for stock.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
i think its' dumb that if you want the Suffrano-Orange interior on the R you can't get the colour you want. Stupid.. it's called SPECIAL ORDER... I want a Green R dammit!!

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Got the Durban's mounted up in the shop the other day. Definitely one of my favorite OEM wheel options. Blinding everyone with this wheel-gap until the suspension shows up later this week.

Was about to pull the trigger on another set of PSS's, but at the last minute, there were too many positive reviews and experiences on the Indy500, so I'll try this out for a bit. Digging the side profile of this tire.

Rolled it out of the shop for a bath.

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Spent the day installing the new suspension. Loving how the wagon sits now! Even without any additional power, the sticky tires plus suspension have totally transformed the car. Next up, I'll continue to complete supporting mods before the engine swap. Think we'll tackle the Golf R brakes next weekend.

H&R Sport Springs with Koni Struts

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Looks great!

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Started working on the OEM LED Xenon swap today. Progress halted by the fact that the headlight guides are worn out and don't align as tight as I'd like. Additionally, the passenger side bumper guide is missing a tab, so I'll replace that as well to ensure mint fitment when it all goes back together.

You can see the light doesnt align as well as it could here due to the headlight guide.

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
OEM foglight retrofit today, as well as a mesh lower grille.

Next up, need to complete wiring for the fogs + led Xenons with the highline cecm and install the upper mesh GTD grille.

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Looks good, was it hard to retrofit the fogs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I woudnt say hard, just time consuming. The lower grilles are very delicate with plastic tabs. Takes patience, as the tabs holding them in have very little tolerance. The order is also important, or you'll have to redo the work again like I did. The fog lights actually install via the front of the bumper, then the grilles go over the top of those and clip into the bumper. On the GTI, you could swap fog lights from the rear of the bumper.

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Finished coding the 1K0 GTI highline CECM into the wagon today. Got everything coded correctly and working perfectly.

After that, took the car out to get some daylight shots of the updated front-end.