GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR TSI k04 Review

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
What's the difference between AWE k04 and APR stage 3? Aren't they both turbo upgrades?

There are many differences between the two kits. The APR Stage 3 kit will put down around 100 HP more than the other kit near redline with existing pre packaged software.

The APR Stage 3 system is a totally new turbocharger system with inconel manifold build and designed by APR, 4 inch maf, silicone hoses, oil lines, coolant lines, down pipe, down turn, and many other components. It's a complete turn key turbocharger system.

The other system is a bolt on factory turbo that's smaller.

Also, we make software for the other bolt on factory turbocharger system which has shown quite a large differences in power compared to the pre packaged software, as seen below by a customers independent testing.

Justinjor

Ready to race!
Ya I should have checked there first. My fault. Any idea what kind of trap/et that should net? I would assume mid 12s at 115 or so? Perhaps a better trap but slower et?

jasunto

Ready to race!
total cost?

turbor850

Ready to race!
Ya I should have checked there first. My fault. Any idea what kind of trap/et that should net? I would assume mid 12s at 115 or so? Perhaps a better trap but slower et?

I think the consensus and average was mid-upper 12's @ 110-112 with the right tires and driver.

Stanielz

Ready to race!
If you can post a 50-100 or a 60-100 video I have a couple cars that I can compare it to that will give everyone a general idea of how fast it is :cool:

here ya go :p

09mkvgti

Ready to race!
total cost?

Of what the k04 kit? Wait till APR comes out with the kit soon so you're able to get the full kit with the tune included. The APR intercooler is a good recommendation, but anything better than the stock POS IC is a good upgrade!

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
I will post videos of some pulls later on once I get them all ready to go, but for now all I can say is that I am completely impressed by what APR has done with my car and all I can say is GO APR!

Where are the videos? I've been waiting lol jk.