GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 GTI Stratified Stage 1 Vs MK7 GTI COBB Stage 1

aliasromero9

Just did a couple of runs with a good friend of mine while we were both on our way home. no video sadly but heres how it went

Both cars in good health

My Car: MK6 GTI 2DR 6MT w/ APR intake & Stratified High TQ Stage 1 91 tune .

His Car: MK7 GTI 4DR 6MT Autobahn w/ cobb stage 1 91 tune.

both starting in 3rd gear at 60 pretty much dead even he has a slight lead, shifting into 4th still even now passing 5.5K in 4th I'm not about a bumper ahead of him. to my surprise after shifting into 5th I was now walking away & when i let off at around 6K RPM in 5th he was at my bumper maybe half a car behind.

Anyone have similar experiences with the Cobb tuned MK7's?

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
I like the results lol

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Just did a couple of runs with a good friend of mine while we were both on our way home. no video sadly but heres how it went

Both cars in good health

My Car: MK6 GTI 2DR 6MT w/ APR intake & Stratified High TQ Stage 1 91 tune .

His Car: MK7 GTI 4DR 6MT Autobahn w/ cobb stage 1 91 tune.

both starting in 3rd gear at 60 pretty much dead even he has a slight lead, shifting into 4th still even now passing 5.5K in 4th I'm not about a bumper ahead of him. to my surprise after shifting into 5th I was now walking away & when i let off at around 6K RPM in 5th he was at my bumper maybe half a car behind.

Anyone have similar experiences with the Cobb tuned MK7's?

Impressive man. I see your in the corona area, so am i maybe ill bump into your one day

aliasromero9

I like the results lol

Ha me too! Caught me by surprise thats for sure, but I'm sure once he switches from the Cobb OTS Maps to something a little more aggressive i bet he's going to walk me lol:laugh:

aliasromero9

Impressive man. I see your in the corona area, so am i maybe ill bump into your one day

hopefully man always good running into the few other GTI guys around here, I cruise most of the canyons around here with a few others guys with MK6/7s.

Are you on IG?

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
hopefully man always good running into the few other GTI guys around here, I cruise most of the canyons around here with a few others guys with MK6/7s.

Are you on IG?

Yeah man would be cool going through the canyons, i do I’ll send you a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk