GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

REVO Stage I

GTI-2011NC

No worries Chris, I appreciate your honesty. I think I will stick it out for John --- I didn't really want to mention it earlier in the thread, but I've been waiting on this flash since FEB, so what is another few weeks?... John told me that he tried to load the program into this "so called" cable and it threw an error code, which he told me is not unusual, as it is a new technology. He told me that he is now waiting on a correction from REVO/UK... I don't know, I'm no expert, I just crave some tuning!

MeinMKV

Ready to race!
Sorry to inform you bud, but the ecus on 2010 and up GTIs need to be taken out of the car physically, opened up, and a qualified installer needs to flash it.
This was not the case for 2009 and 208 and bellow years.

As far as the tunes go, everyone pretty much agrees that you should get the one that your tunning shop trusts and is familliar with, be it APR, GIAC, Revo, Unitronic (listed in alphabetical order :p)

CARSFEVERGUY YOU'RE A DUMBASS AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, BUD!!! Three letters genius, OBD. You don't know shit!!! Get off this forum ASAP!!

Sauce118

Ready to race!
CARSFEVERGUY YOU'RE A DUMBASS AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, BUD!!! Three letters genius, OBD. You don't know shit!!! Get off this forum ASAP!!

Not to get in the middle or take sides.. but his post was in 2011... I do not know the answer, but maybe they wern't able to unlock the ecus through the OBD port yet??? just a thought...

K3RMIT

Passed Driver's Ed
Yep, Sauce118 is correct. I've owned an '11 since new, and just found out that they cracked the OBD port...finally!

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
most tunes now are obd port flashed.

go back to bed 2011 thread

dafuture

Go Kart Champion

You gotta calm down dude. No need to go nuts even if he had been wrong. Though at the time, he was correct. Port flashing through OBDII has only become available recently.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
How the fuck is some noob ass bitch gonna dig a thread thats been dead for over 4 years and bitch at someone who isnt even on the forums anymore?

Go kill yourself

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
I started reading this thinking it was recent and was very confused [emoji23] what a goon!

+1 for Revo btw

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
How the fuck is some noob ass bitch gonna dig a thread thats been dead for over 4 years and bitch at someone who isnt even on the forums anymore?

Yea, I was thinking I was missing breaking news or something. :rolleyes:

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion

markus037

Ready to race!
FWIW, ive had a unitronic stage 1 tune in my 09 GTI that had the TSI engine. It really woke the car up. No issues. ive heard some horror stories with APR so take it for what its worth. i can only comment on my own experience.