GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-2018, 02:13 PM   #3585
John@Unitronic
GolfMK6 Official Vendor
 
John@Unitronic's Avatar
 
Drives: MK3 TTRS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Laval, QC
Posts: 1,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by beetlegreg View Post
Can this ecm be tuned with uniconnect ?? 2012 Beetle
Yes, it can!
John@Unitronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 01:31 AM   #3586
snobrdrdan
Formula 1 Driver
 
snobrdrdan's Avatar
 
Drives: no VW
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 8,370
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
Sent an email over a week ago, along with a PM, and no reply...anyone else have trouble contacting Uni?

They used to have more of an online presence, and I'm not seeing that anymore either
snobrdrdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:52 AM   #3587
Jaber
Modero
 
Jaber's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 VW AllTrack
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Iowa, IL
Posts: 21,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
Sent an email over a week ago, along with a PM, and no reply...anyone else have trouble contacting Uni?

They used to have more of an online presence, and I'm not seeing that anymore either
Have you tried calling them?
__________________
2018 VW AllTrack SEL - Stock4Lyfe
Jaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 12:30 PM   #3588
John@Unitronic
GolfMK6 Official Vendor
 
John@Unitronic's Avatar
 
Drives: MK3 TTRS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Laval, QC
Posts: 1,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
Sent an email over a week ago, along with a PM, and no reply...anyone else have trouble contacting Uni?

They used to have more of an online presence, and I'm not seeing that anymore either
Sorry, I don't frequent the GolfMK6 forums as much as I used to these days. If you sent an email to me and didn't get a reply back, it means I didn't receive your email. Feel free to email me: js [at] getunitronic [dot] com.

Thanks!
John@Unitronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:05 AM   #3589
snobrdrdan
Formula 1 Driver
 
snobrdrdan's Avatar
 
Drives: no VW
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 8,370
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaber View Post
Have you tried calling them?
It wasn't critical by any means, and I've contacted him thru email before with no issues

He got back to me though
snobrdrdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:11 AM   #3590
bigtim3727
Ready to race!
 
bigtim3727's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Jetta GLI
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Long Island
Posts: 19
Just hit my 3 year anniversary of having the S1+ tune. Installed in January 2016 at 42K miles, and I just hit 100K about a week ago. It's been smooth sailing, and I want to express my appreciation for a great product.

I just have one question however; I've taken several logs--probably around 100 of them-- with VCDS over time, and I've never seen the requested, or actual boost go over 14-15psi.

There wasn't ever any major variation between requested, and actual boost, so I didn't think there was any problem. I figured because I live close to sea level(about 20 ft), the computer isn't going to request over 14-15psi, because of the increased atmospheric pressure.

Is this correct, or do I have some sort of boost leak?
bigtim3727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:21 PM   #3591
John@Unitronic
GolfMK6 Official Vendor
 
John@Unitronic's Avatar
 
Drives: MK3 TTRS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Laval, QC
Posts: 1,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtim3727 View Post
Just hit my 3 year anniversary of having the S1+ tune. Installed in January 2016 at 42K miles, and I just hit 100K about a week ago. It's been smooth sailing, and I want to express my appreciation for a great product.

I just have one question however; I've taken several logs--probably around 100 of them-- with VCDS over time, and I've never seen the requested, or actual boost go over 14-15psi.

There wasn't ever any major variation between requested, and actual boost, so I didn't think there was any problem. I figured because I live close to sea level(about 20 ft), the computer isn't going to request over 14-15psi, because of the increased atmospheric pressure.

Is this correct, or do I have some sort of boost leak?
Thanks for your feedback!

There are several reasons why actual and specified boost could be ~ 1 bar. Would need to check a log with engine speed, actual boost, specified boost, N75 duty cycle, overall ignition advance, MAF g/s in a log, and actual lambda in a log to be able to analyze it accordingly. You can email me the log and I'll have a look!
John@Unitronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 04:19 PM   #3592
beetlegreg
Drag Racing Champion
 
Drives: Turbo beetle
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: ohio
Posts: 64
I have issues with my New Uniconnect + tried calling never an answer ? sent email. Greg Spencer
beetlegreg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:31 PM   #3593
John@Unitronic
GolfMK6 Official Vendor
 
John@Unitronic's Avatar
 
Drives: MK3 TTRS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Laval, QC
Posts: 1,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by beetlegreg View Post
I have issues with my New Uniconnect + tried calling never an answer ? sent email. Greg Spencer
Hi Greg, I'm sorry for the troubles that you encountered. It looks like you received support earlier today. Let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.
John@Unitronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 11:13 AM   #3594
2012TP
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
2012TP's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: LI.NY
Posts: 407
John, any ETA on intercoolers? They seem to be out of stock everywhere.
__________________
=====(\x/)=====
2012TP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:13 PM   #3595
bigtim3727
Ready to race!
 
bigtim3727's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Jetta GLI
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Long Island
Posts: 19
So anyway, I installed the Unitronic S1+ tune back in Dec of 2015 at 42k miles on my 2012 Jetta GLI. I'm currently sitting at 107K and the extra power still puts a smile on my face.

There's a few things I have questions about, however. Ive taken 100s of logs over the years, and I've never seen requested boost go over 15 psi. The requested vs actual boost matches up perfectly, so there doesn't appear to be a boost leak, but for some reason the ECU never requests over 15psi, maybe request 16psi every once and a blue moon. I made a post about this issue a few months ago, but never followed up with any logs.

I was wondering if perhaps somebody could shed some wisdom on the subject.

Here are photos of the logging graphs+ the data underneath the graph. For some reason, the boost seems to build late in the 2nd graph, but holds once it reaches peak.







bigtim3727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:00 PM   #3596
ACHILLES R32
Rally Car Newbie
 
ACHILLES R32's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 GTI Drivers Ed
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: VA
Posts: 299
Has anyone switched from a APR ECU and TCU tune to unitronic tunes .
I'm considering doing stage 1,+ ECU and stage 1 dsg tunes . The apr dsg tune is a bit aggressive for daily driving atleast the downshifts are imo.



Sent from my Pixel 2
__________________
2013 GTI D.E. DBP DSG
APR Stage 1 - PolarFIS - Neuspeed P-Flo Intake - OEM R Tails - Euro Lip - Suntek Carbon 55 Tint - XPEL Headlight/Fog Kit - Hoen Fog Bulbs - Neuspeed Catback - Neuspeed Charge Pipe - Neusped Discharge Pipe - Neuspeed FMIC - GFB DV+ - R8 Coil Packs - VW DG Springs/ Koni Yellows - StopTech Sport Pads - StopTech Slotted Rotors (Cryo) - Neuspeed SS Brake Lines - TyrolSport Brake Stiffening Kit - Unibrace UB - TyrolSport Hatch Brace
ACHILLES R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:14 PM   #3597
tkelly0727
Rally Car Champion
 
Drives: 2010 mk6 gti DSG
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: California
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHILLES R32 View Post
Has anyone switched from a APR ECU and TCU tune to unitronic tunes .
I'm considering doing stage 1,+ ECU and stage 1 dsg tunes . The apr dsg tune is a bit aggressive for daily driving atleast the downshifts are imo.



Sent from my Pixel 2



May I suggest IE ECU& DSG tune. IE tune is nice and smooth, throttle response is amazing and better than stock and my previous tune. the power band is really good drives stock-like but with better feel and pulls hard up top. their customer service is superb and ready and willing to answer any questions/concerns. their DSG tune is not aggressive at all imo, downshifts in D are nice and smooth no jerking or bucking and they hold the gearing longer. 100% would recommend them i have no regrets
tkelly0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:43 PM   #3598
ACHILLES R32
Rally Car Newbie
 
ACHILLES R32's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 GTI Drivers Ed
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: VA
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkelly0727 View Post
May I suggest IE ECU& DSG tune. IE tune is nice and smooth, throttle response is amazing and better than stock and my previous tune. the power band is really good drives stock-like but with better feel and pulls hard up top. their customer service is superb and ready and willing to answer any questions/concerns. their DSG tune is not aggressive at all imo, downshifts in D are nice and smooth no jerking or bucking and they hold the gearing longer. 100% would recommend them i have no regrets
I might consider it, I'm going to test drive a mk6 gli with uni stage 1+ and dsg tune tomorrow. And see how that compares to my car.

it's funny that you are the second person that recommended the IE tune. Did you go to a dealer to flash the tune or you ordered the cable as well . You can send me a pm if you don't mind. I don't want to get the thread off topic.



Sent from my Pixel 2
__________________
2013 GTI D.E. DBP DSG
APR Stage 1 - PolarFIS - Neuspeed P-Flo Intake - OEM R Tails - Euro Lip - Suntek Carbon 55 Tint - XPEL Headlight/Fog Kit - Hoen Fog Bulbs - Neuspeed Catback - Neuspeed Charge Pipe - Neusped Discharge Pipe - Neuspeed FMIC - GFB DV+ - R8 Coil Packs - VW DG Springs/ Koni Yellows - StopTech Sport Pads - StopTech Slotted Rotors (Cryo) - Neuspeed SS Brake Lines - TyrolSport Brake Stiffening Kit - Unibrace UB - TyrolSport Hatch Brace
ACHILLES R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.