GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tjasko's Golf R Build

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
My R got a ton of things done at the shop. Timing belt/water pump replaced, replaced MAP sensor due to corrosion from washing the engine bay, installed the 42DD shifter cable support bracket to prevent the cables from rubbing on the down pipe, and fabbed a custom bracket for my charge pipe to stop it from hitting the radiator fan. :D

Prob did my timing belt too early (~70k), but better sooner than later.

Def cover up the MAP sensor if you're gonna wash the engine bay. Lesson learned hahaha

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
My R got a ton of things done at the shop. Timing belt/water pump replaced, replaced MAP sensor due to corrosion from washing the engine bay, installed the 42DD shifter cable support bracket to prevent the cables from rubbing on the down pipe, and fabbed a custom bracket for my charge pipe to stop it from hitting the radiator fan. :D

Prob did my timing belt too early (~70k), but better sooner than later.

Def cover up the MAP sensor if you're gonna wash the engine bay. Lesson learned hahaha

Damn! I bet that was a nice bill, but 70k timing service isn’t a bad thing. Better to do it early than wait until it’s too late. Good to know about the MAP sensor. I need to do the same with my charge pipe. Though it’s only a cm or so from making contact, I did find there there is a little wiggle room with adjusting the mounts to being the engine back a cm or so. Was rubbing when I was trying out the VWR engine punt and readjusted when I put the 034 mount back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Damn! I bet that was a nice bill, but 70k timing service isn’t a bad thing. Better to do it early than wait until it’s too late. Good to know about the MAP sensor. I need to do the same with my charge pipe. Though it’s only a cm or so from making contact, I did find there there is a little wiggle room with adjusting the mounts to being the engine back a cm or so. Was rubbing when I was trying out the VWR engine punt and readjusted when I put the 034 mount back in.

Ohh yeah it was a hefty bill lol. Exactly my thoughts too on the timing service, don't want to risk having that tensioner give out even though it's not as common to go on the FSIs.

The DV part of the pipe was touching the fan just ever so lightly, I'm surprised no other part of the pipe hit it (however dunno if it was hitting under heavy throttle). You can try the push the pipe further away and bolting it down, but most people just modify the bracket as there's def some wiggle room. I blame the APR intercooler for being so massive [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Welp, exhaust manifold gasket failed and discovered the car's having higher crankcase pressures, causing a small oil leak from my practically brand new rear main seal lol. Prolly gonna move over to a vented catch can setup :p

Big turbo life is fun haha. Also, that 42DD shifter cable support bracket did indeed fix the rubbing :thumbup:

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
While browsing the web to figure out what the heck to do about my rear main seal leaking just a lil' bit, found out iABED finally released their rear main seal for the FSI platform. https://xlr8performance.com/i-37264-vw-audi-billet-rear-main-seal-for-fsi-engine.html

Ended up buying one, because I'm pretty certain mine's leaking just due to the crazy amount of boost I have now. Wish iABED released this when I installed that DKM clutch, because now I have to drop the tranny again... when I installed the clutch, I replaced the seal for the hell of it, and it's been slowly leaking for a while now. I'm sure most people would just leave it as it's such a small leak, but I'm kinda a perfectionist lol

I've thought about going to a vented catch can setup, but this is my daily, and the smells could get annoying. Thought about switching to the stock PCV, but I'm pretty positive that won't help the oil leak lol.

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Also didn't post about this at all, but there was a discussion in the VW MK6 Builds & Performance Facebook group about this DV: http://www.turbosmartdirect.com/Pro...-Series-BOV/EM-Kompact-BOV-Dual-Port-VR1.html

Decided to buy one from Pag Parts, got it installed not long ago (replaced a DV+), and am loving the thing. For anyone running a BT, this DV is baller. It does fit if you have a relocation kit w/ a TSI or the stock relocated DV on the FSI. Props to Pag Parts, HYDE16 and other peeps for finding it.

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Finally bought a bunch of gear to fully retrofit the sound system. All I'm gonna say is it's gonna be baller. [emoji16]

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Little spoiler...

Last edited:

Maloneyy

I have a VX1000/5i in my GTI also. Definitely a superb amp! It’s fits under the driver seat very well if you are trying to keep space loss to a minimum.

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
I have a VX1000/5i in my GTI also. Definitely a superb amp! It’s fits under the driver seat very well if you are trying to keep space loss to a minimum.

Ohh yeah, that's what I wanted. Also the DSP with a parametric EQ is sweet.

Pretty happy with how it all turned out.

Last edited:

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Bass knob installed! Just removed the dummy plastic plug where the aux cable would go. Pretty clean and easy to get to. Didn't need to drill any holes. :D