GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Exterior / Interior Care (washing, detailing, exterior repairs)

Old 04-21-2019, 04:35 PM   #1
averagegti
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: '11 SBM GTI 6MT
Window Anti-Pinch Sucks

My 2011 5-door GTI's passenger window has been acting up for a while. At first, it'd make a loud click when it hit the top of the door. Then the one-touch started being finicky. Now, the anti-pinch seems to keep the window from closing at all. I have to quickly pull and release the button to shuffle the window up so the dumb system won't roll it back down.

I'm probably just going to go to the dealer to get it checked out this week. I'm hoping the tracks just need some lube or the window clips need to be tightened so I don't have to drop a ton of money on a new regulator

Has anyone had the same problem? Any things I could try before I take it in? I've tried resetting the one-touch by holding the switch down, but it doesn't keep the system from intervening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
averagegti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:56 PM   #2
Phur
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2013 VW GTI Autobahn
You might try disconnecting the battery as this causes them to need to be reset. Might work, might not... just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:34 AM   #3
aj_law
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 Tornado Red 4DR 6MT GTI
Just noticed this thread so it's probably a moot point now.

Reset the power window. Hold button down to make window go down and hold for 5 seconds after it's all the way down. Then, hold button up to make it go all the way up and hold for 5 seconds after it reaches the top.

Should do the trick.
('12 4DR/TR/6MT GTI - MEMBER OF THE 155K+ MILE CLUB) WISHLIST (bolded done...*sigh*): Performance - Unitronic Stage 1 & CAI // Unibrace UB // DG springs // H&R 26FSB/22RSB // Tyrolsport Subframe Kit. Cosmetic - OZ Leggera HLT // Color matched markers/lip/rear emblem insert // OEM Black emblems // Depo Tinted LED tails // Raceseng Ashiko shift knob // 30% tint // Soundaktor delete.
aj_law is offline   Reply With Quote