GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What would you do differently if you could go back?

nightdrive

I really have nothing to complain about at this point. I basically stole the car. It's a 2012 and it still only has 20K miles on it. Had I not bought this car, I would have spent a bunch of money on a newer performance car. Now I'm enjoying modding this one and for a very reasonable cost I'll have a monster of a car once I'm done.

Ask me in a few years!

Sup bro, I also picked up a white 2012 a few months back. Nice to see you're also in Seattle!

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Just put a rebuilt engine in instead of putting bandaids on mine after spinning balance shaft at 150k miles.
Runs like a new car now, and like everyone else,would have skipped stage 2 as there isnt much difference from 1. Go from 1 to ko4

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Just put a rebuilt engine in instead of putting bandaids on mine after spinning balance shaft at 150k miles.
Runs like a new car now, and like everyone else,would have skipped stage 2 as there isnt much difference from 1. Go from 1 to ko4
Fuck it, skip k04 too, go BT lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
what he said ^^

I think BT is good only if you have a reliable secondary car and this isn't your primary. I imagine you need quite some more internal work done and the car break down chances are higher, thus you might be carless for some time.

K04 is great for keeping the car reliable and making decent power.

I remember reading comments on YT from non-VW car enthusiasts and they didn't understand why we would throw an OEM part on our cars to make them faster when they compared it to just getting Golf R numbers rather than going bigger.

Little do they understand, we aren't making stock Golf R numbers since we are installing it directly with a tune. We are also putting all the power directly to two wheels as opposed to 4 (not that it's always a good thing). And we are still maintaining reliability with the car.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
One thing I forgot that I wish I did was a vband exhaust. This one bolt on the bottom of the downpipe keeps rattling and it's a bitch to get to.

zrickety

The Fixer
My only regrets with this car are trying to roll the rear quarter (don't do it) and trying to repair the headliner myself. Performance wise, I'm really happy with the choices I made.
I sometimes regret selling my 2 door MK5 to get into this 4 door MK6, but I sold to a friend and bought from another friend. These cars are family.

UberFast

Ready to race!
I regret installing FBO's with a protuned k04 and then removing them and selling them because I thought I was selling my car.....only to find out I'm keeping the car. FML

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I regret installing FBO's with a protuned k04 and then removing them and selling them because I thought I was selling my car.....only to find out I'm keeping the car. FML

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

B I G T U R B O
I
G
T
U
R
B
O

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
suspension mods... why didn't I... sigh.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
suspension mods... why didn't I... sigh.
Because you like not being driven insane by clunks that just won't go away no matter what you do or how hard you try haha pls help me it won't stop

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Because you like not being driven insane by clunks that just won't go away no matter what you do or how hard you try haha pls help me it won't stop

it's true lol.. .I've kinda held off as this is my DD and I'm unsure what kinda result I'll end up with.. in the end I'll go pretty conservative.. need it as it's gettin mushy in corners now at 282K (175mi)

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
I'd disconnect Soundaktor immediately. I don't know why it took me so long.

HotLikeSauce

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd take advantage of the $200 carbon clean when replacing the intake under warranty. Thought I was going to sell it and here we are 2 years later. Bit the bullet and paid $850 for CC.