GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking at new Wheels do I go 18" or 19"

Dub down

Looking for Summer Wheels I have stock suspension now but will likely lower it some time soon. What's the better way to go with a lowered GTI is there much of a difference in spring rate of the Tire at these low profiles? or is there still plenty of suspension travel on the lowered kits that it should not factor in the decision?

Thank You in advance:D

Looking for Summer Wheels I have stock suspension now but will likely lower it some time soon. What's the better way to go with a lowered GTI is there much of a difference in spring rate of the Tire at these low profiles? or is there still plenty of suspension travel on the lowered kits that it should not factor in the decision?

Thank You in advance:D

go 19s

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Go 19s!

Stock suspension! Mine of course!

Yes I know a bolt is missing. I took this pic before I purchased my lock bolts.....

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
Depends on what you want. 19" fill out the fender much better. 19" tires are also expensive. 18" is the standard that most people go with. In term of ride quality, generally, 18" is supposed to be more comfortable than 19" because the tires have more sidewall. However, the ride quality also has a lot to do with your suspension set up and the tire you go with. With a good combo of suspension set up and tires, 19" will be just as comfortable as 18" IMO.

hkl0ve

Ready to race!
Depends on what you want. 19" fill out the fender much better. 19" tires are also expensive. 18" is the standard that most people go with. In term of ride quality, generally, 18" is supposed to be more comfortable than 19" because the tires have more sidewall. However, the ride quality also has a lot to do with your suspension set up and the tire you go with. With a good combo of suspension set up and tires, 19" will be just as comfortable as 18" IMO.

:word: I have 19s and after I put my coils on, it rode exactly the same as stock.