GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Visceralsoup's Golf R build

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Love the build man. Keep up the good work!

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
BIG update coming.

Recently replaced the clutch with Auto Union's 6 puck RSR upgrade. Still utilizing the DMFW. The clutch is very grabby and definitely makes stop and go traffic a little worse but it is worth it. Said to hold 550tq+

I've also got a parts pile that is ready to be utilized.
TTE420
RS4 Injectors
165 FPRV
Runner flap delete
Fluidampr
Relentless Tuning 3.5" downpipe
Snow Performance W/M kit
Eurodyne tuning with Frank Mabo
Torqbyte PM3
DW65V LPFP

I'm aiming for around 400whp on this setup. Going to tune for as much ethanol as the injectors will allow. I will have dual maps so I can run straight 91 octane as well.

Will update with pics as soon as the tear down starts.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
BIG update coming.

Recently replaced the clutch with Auto Union's 6 puck RSR upgrade. Still utilizing the DMFW. The clutch is very grabby and definitely makes stop and go traffic a little worse but it is worth it. Said to hold 550tq+

I've also got a parts pile that is ready to be utilized.
TTE420
RS4 Injectors
165 FPRV
Runner flap delete
Fluidampr
Relentless Tuning 3.5" downpipe
Snow Performance W/M kit
Eurodyne tuning with Frank Mabo
Torqbyte PM3
DW65V LPFP

I'm aiming for around 400whp on this setup. Going to tune for as much ethanol as the injectors will allow. I will have dual maps so I can run straight 91 octane as well.

Will update with pics as soon as the tear down starts.

Let me know if you have any issues with that fuel pump, I'm also looking at it too. It's my understanding the controller doesn't need to be replaced on the Golf R until very high power levels.

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
Let me know if you have any issues with that fuel pump, I'm also looking at it too. It's my understanding the controller doesn't need to be replaced on the Golf R until very high power levels.

Research showed the fuel pump module shares the same part number as the GTI. I was worried about overheating and the PM3 seemed like the bulletproof solution.

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
Ok, numbers are in. I went back to the same dynapack I used before.
40% ethanol and 1000cc water/meth

I spoke with the dyno owner and he assured me that the calibrations were the same as my stage 2 run (UM fully loaded 313whp/368tq). Say what you want about how high or low the numbers are, 140whp gained over my k04 stage 2 file is IMPRESSIVE to say the least.

455.9whp and 444.3 tq.
Frank Mabo is an absolute genious.

Last edited:

visceralsoup

Ready to race!

Should've posted this a few weeks ago. First time out to the track on the new setup. Car went 7.68 at 92.5 on stock wheels, nankang tires (lol), and a full tank of gas. Pulled the rear seats on that run. I plan on heading back to run again but with re71r on lightweight wheels and about 200 lbs lighter. Shooting for a 7.4 which would put the car right around 11.5 or better in the 1/4.