GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Further inspection looks like the radiator fans are rubbing slightly on the throttle body pipe. Not sure theres any adjustment there, things are really tight up front now.

Whats the fix there? maybe cover the friction area with something ?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
oh man you may recall we had the same issue on my car.

Solution one of course it see what you can 'adjust' with the radiator fitment. but if it is all bolted up as need to be then not much you can do besides some ghetto zip tie rigging.

for me it came down to using a stainless worm clamp and tieing the pipe to a through-hole on the transmission to hold it out of the way.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
oh man you may recall we had the same issue on my car.

Solution one of course it see what you can 'adjust' with the radiator fitment. but if it is all bolted up as need to be then not much you can do besides some ghetto zip tie rigging.

for me it came down to using a stainless worm clamp and tieing the pipe to a through-hole on the transmission to hold it out of the way.

Yeah I remember. I'll likely have to go that route and maybe bend the pipe a bit.

jay745

Brought the collars down a bit on the coilovers last night. On my way to Race Consulting Agency for a corner balance and alignment now. Also if anyones following last october the last track day of the year my meth tank went flying. I re secured that finally last night as well lol. Looks like I need some new compression fittings though. The one on the bottom of the tank is leaking a bit. I put some RTV on it last night and hopefully that plugs it for the time being.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Nice! Good to see the car running again! Hope it’s everything you’re hoping it to be!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay745

Alright. Corner balance and alignment is done. The car weighs 2996 pounds with the rear seats and tools removed, half a tank of gas. I'm stoked it's under 3k even if only by a few pounds.

They were able to get the corner balance perfect at 50% cross so that's sweet.

The alignment has an issue. The camber plates are hitting the inside of the strut tower and preventing the camber from going more than -2 degrees. Pretty pissed at Vorschlag about that. I emailed them and they said they have seen this before and have solved it by using spacers. Wish they would have told me... because now if I decide to put spacers in to achieve more camber I have to pay for the alignment all over again. Expected better out of them, especially being as how much I paid for the camber plates to begin with. Feel lied to and ripped off honestly. Oh well pay to play I guess.

I contacted Vorschlag and told them about the issue. He's suggesting the spacer. Honestly I'm just going to drive it at this point and if I want to deal with it later I will. Still very pissed about the situation though.

Was nice to see 8 degrees of caster though from the powerflex anti lift kit.

jay745

Installed Dieselgeek shaft bushings just now and finally fixed the boot that was not attached to the shifter lol.

Thought these bushings were going to be in much worse shape than they were. Oh well, at least they should never go bad again. There is a very subtle stiffer feel than oem but it's hardly noticeable. I probably wouldn't have wasted the time with them honestly. Oh well. They were cheap.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
hows it DRIVE though??

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Yeah I bet it is man... That's where the purist motive starts to really cry for dedication haha.