Latest mods:

1. Stoptech 328mm BBK, red and slotted
2. H&R 8 mm spacers for front and back with 35mm ball seat bolts

Before:

After:

rs999

Go Kart Champion
How are you liking the 4X tires so far?

Definitely a stiffer tire like you said.

On cold mornings they flat spot really bad to the point where there's steering wheel vibration. But when they are warmed up they drive nice and vibration free.

rs999

Go Kart Champion
Current Build as of 2016-05-01

1. APR Stage 3
  2. APR Carbonio Stage 1
  3. APR FMIC
  4. Unitronic Stage 2 DSG flash
  5. VA Legal Tint
  6. Stoptech 328mm BBK
  7. Billy Boat catted downpipe with Vibrant resonator
  8. H&R 26/24 soft front and hard rear sway bars
  9. Bilstein B8 Sports with VW Driver's Gear Springs
  10. Soundaktor unplugged
  11. Black painted engine cover
  12. ECS Blind Spot Mirrors
  13. Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 with Michelin PS/2

Last edited:

rs999

Go Kart Champion
28mm front sway bar is no fun on soft, after three months on this bar the ride is too rough to continue on as a daily driver.

I need to switch back to a 26mm, so there will be a 28mm bar going into the classifieds at fire sale prices soon.

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion
Whatever happened to demodding the car?? Did you have a change of heart??

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion
I'm keeping the car, I worked the numbers, and it made more sense to keep the GTI and sell the TDI.

Glad to see you keeping the GTI. That stage 3 definitely makes it a monster for sure. How do you like the stage 3 kit?? Do you feel like you have too much power to harness it all?? How do you like it on back roads??

rs999

Go Kart Champion
Glad to see you keeping the GTI. That stage 3 definitely makes it a monster for sure. How do you like the stage 3 kit?? Do you feel like you have too much power to harness it all?? How do you like it on back roads??

It's fast everywhere, but I just cruise during my daily commute. Too many state troopers and I'm trying to limit my gas usage to one tank per week.

Otherwise stage 3 is great I hope to get a better turbo from APR without having to go Stage 3+ in the future.

qcbtbx

smu.:Rf
It's fast everywhere, but I just cruise during my daily commute. Too many state troopers and I'm trying to limit my gas usage to one tank per week.

Otherwise stage 3 is great I hope to get a better turbo from APR without having to go Stage 3+ in the future.

Good seeing you out at the meet man! Hope to see more of you.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

rs999

Go Kart Champion
On Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 wheels and Continental DW tires for track and autocross season:

rs999

Go Kart Champion
Nice!

Let me know when you want to get rid of those, too. :laugh:

These wheels clear my brakes with no spacers though :D

Come to think of it, I've never replaced a set of worn out tires on my GTI, I've always sold the wheels off before having to do that. :thumbup:

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
On Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 wheels and Continental DW tires for track and autocross season:

How are these holding up? I may get these 18x8 in an ET40 to clear my Stoptech ST-40 2-piece rotor kit. My current VMR V705 ET45 wheels need a 3mm spacer to clear the caliper.

rs999

Go Kart Champion
How are these holding up? I may get these 18x8 in an ET40 to clear my Stoptech ST-40 2-piece rotor kit. My current VMR V705 ET45 wheels need a 3mm spacer to clear the caliper.

The Team Dynamics wheels have done very well. Best $900 I spent on eBay.

No bends or any other issues. I have done several autox's and track days on them and no issues with BBK spacing or tires.