GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's Happening... Subaru STI to get new engine.

squall

Ready to race!
I'm sure it's still gonna be a few years till it makes its way over here. I doubt it'll be a 2.0 as well. They will up the displacement again just like they did in the past. Just like the STi ej207 never made it over here, instead we got the ej257.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Eh, I just can't get over how ugly these things are. Wouldn't buy. 5.7 > 2.0.

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
I'd be the first in line for an STI without a EJ in it. The FA motor in the rex makes close to 300 bhp in the JDM Legacy so it's not to farfetched to think it could make it into the STI.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
if they bump to a 2.5 again.. could be pushing 350hp... finally.

Jcap287

Go Kart Champion
I was thinking of getting rid of the GTI next summer but i'd really like an sti with that fa motor..i keep running through the possibility of what i'd get ...even thought of the sti with the ej..but i feel like id regret it and it would be my luck a month or 2 after getting it the announcement would be made it would definitely be coming to the states with a FA variant haha

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
I was thinking of getting rid of the GTI next summer but i'd really like an sti with that fa motor..i keep running through the possibility of what i'd get ...even thought of the sti with the ej..but i feel like id regret it and it would be my luck a month or 2 after getting it the announcement would be made it would definitely be coming to the states with a FA variant haha

THIS ^^ is probably the only reason I still have my GTI

Jcap287

Go Kart Champion
THIS ^^ is probably the only reason I still have my GTI

i was thinking of mustangs, used evo x , sti's, wrx but im like i really want to wait to see if they bring one over with the fa and if there would be a significant power increase....

they gotta be cookin something up the civic type R and focus rs are out muscling it for the same price point (well similar price point within the segment) (wanted to make sure i said segment because the mustang and camaro out "muscle" it for the same price point prety much haha) now that the evo is out of the picture with just the golf R left ..subaru will have to up the anty to stay competitive powerwise wonder what kind of power bump the R will get for the 8th gen

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
i was thinking of mustangs, used evo x , sti's, wrx but im like i really want to wait to see if they bring one over with the fa and if there would be a significant power increase....

they gotta be cookin something up the civic type R and focus rs are out muscling it for the same price point (well similar price point within the segment) (wanted to make sure i said segment because the mustang and camaro out "muscle" it for the same price point prety much haha) now that the evo is out of the picture with just the golf R left ..subaru will have to up the anty to stay competitive powerwise wonder what kind of power bump the R will get for the 8th gen

I have 3.5 years left on my GTI loan, I CAN'T WAIT to see what is out by then!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
saw one of these the other day. yes

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
ahh the days when subaru rs/wrx was actually a small car.

500 lbs added between 2001 impreza 2.5 and 2015 wrx. :yikes:

Last edited: