GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB tuning?!

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Is this even possible in a manual transmission car?

Rev matching is one of the most basic core skills of a manual transmission lol. You can also do it while braking with Hoe Toe rev matching. If laziness is your thing then yes there is a system that that blips the throttle as seen with the Nissan 370z's 6MT.

To demonstrate Heel/toe here's my boy Ayrton showing us how it's done.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Rev matching is one of the most basic core skills of a manual transmission lol. You can also do it while braking with Hoe Toe rev matching. If laziness is your thing then yes there is a system that that blips the throttle as seen with the Nissan 370z's 6MT.

To demonstrate Heel/toe here's my boy Ayrton showing us how it's done.

I know and I do it often, but I was asking if it's possible for the car to rev match by itself on a manual transmission.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
I know and I do it often, but I was asking if it's possible for the car to rev match by itself on a manual transmission.

Yes sir. It would technically be fairly easy too. Just have to make it so that when the clutch switch reaches X voltage reading, open the throttle Y amount. But again this isn't really a feature Id want to see early on. We need NLS and LC before that.

sauceman101

Ready to race!
You're embarrassing. Just stop. Get a DSG.

+1

Yes sir. It would technically be fairly easy too. Just have to make it so that when the clutch switch reaches X voltage reading, open the throttle Y amount. But again this isn't really a feature Id want to see early on. We need NLS and LC before that.

You are incorrect, it's significantly more complicated than this. Acceleromaters in the stick mechanism or at the base and a very powerful computer to control/determine what gear you're selecting in 1/1000s of a second to then apply throttle appropriately for the gear you've chosen. With your logic, you'd only be able to shift down one gear at a time, which in a track situation, dropping two gears in some scenarios is necessary (the only two purposes of rev matching, to make a driver look like a hero when they're not experienced enough to heal toe at the track, or if you're lazy on the street). If it's the later, that's why the few vehicles that offer this option, the new vette's some of the new stangs and I think camaros? have auto varients

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
You are incorrect, it's significantly more complicated than this. Acceleromaters in the stick mechanism or at the base and a very powerful computer to control/determine what gear you're selecting in 1/1000s of a second to then apply throttle appropriately for the gear you've chosen. With your logic, you'd only be able to shift down one gear at a time, which in a track situation, dropping two gears in some scenarios is necessary (the only two purposes of rev matching, to make a driver look like a hero when they're not experienced enough to heal toe at the track, or if you're lazy on the street). If it's the later, that's why the few vehicles that offer this option, the new vette's some of the new stangs and I think camaros? have auto varients

The new Porsche will have it as well. I was oversimplifying it, my point was more to how I would think they could do it in an aftermarket scenario. But I agree I don't see the point of it either when you have two very capable feet.

Last edited:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
The new Porsche will have it as well. I was oversimplifying it, my point was more to how they I would think they could do it in an aftermarket scenario. But I agree I don't see the point of it either when you have two very capable feet.

A guy I know has a BRZ and got aftermarket software to rev match. He races competitively and the BRZ is just his mess around track car though so he wanted to try it. Says it's really cool but yeah nothing your feet can't do either.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Nice I will wait for this to tune my car!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

13GTI Fade

I have been looking at ordering the uni connect but this has me intrigued

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loopless1

Ready to race!
Where's the evidence COBB has any sort of VAG tuning expertise? I'd go with them for Subaru, but not VW. I presume they will just buy in a tune and then slap it on an AccessPort. And based on their current prices it's not much of a saving for an unknown product.
My personal experience with COBB and tuning my Legacy GT was not outstanding. The tune worked fine, but COBB seemed pretty amateurish to deal with in many ways and the APv2 was a bit of a PITA.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Happy there's a new dog in town. Not planning on making the change, though. Not unless Cobb offers some disruptive feature.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
this is quite interesting with Cobb and also AMS exploring the VAG world... I've always loved the Accessport, even had one of the originals for my '04 STI, but they came a long way since then.