GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR STGII V2.4 vs. V2.1 Review/ Comparison

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Can anyone comment on v2.3 vs. v2.4?

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
It really is a goddamn amazing file now.

I'm still experiencing some "delay" in power in the lower gears and really have to go past 3k RPM just to keep up with traffic after a full stop. It's better than before but it's still there, at least in my case. But it could be due to my clutch being stock and @ 90k :iono:

if you're not exaggerating a bit then theres a problem, if you are then thats to be expected. thats when the turbo starts working

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
Have some decent time on this file now - still no issues except my slipping clutch [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Have some decent time on this file now - still no issues except my slipping clutch [emoji106]

Same here, my new clutch is arriving Monday :)

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Crazy thing for me. I got the 2.0 back in May but my dealer didn't ask me about High Torque/Low Torque file and I completely forgot to mention it. I called a week later to confirm if they gave me the high torque file and he quickly stated yeah, I gave you High Torque (I felt he just told me quickly to get off the phone). Never felt a slight bit of slippage or weirdness on my clutch.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago that I got the 2.4 reflash at the same dealer, except this time he asked me. He made me aware that the high torque would fry my clutch, I said, yeah I'm cool with that.

I swear, as soon as I left the dealer with the new flash, I felt my clutch wasn't feeling right. 2 weeks later, things such as harder to get into gear, or I felt like i was taking off in 3rd gear by mistake but it turned out to be 1st, yep, stuff like that going on. I honestly think they truly flashed me with High Torque now and I'm experiencing the issues of a down hill clutch. I just hope it can last until Spring when I get my summer tires :D

Chatchie

Ready to race!
Got flashed to 2.4 from 2.2b this morning. Car feels more responsive all the way around. Boost is back in 5/6 and shifts are faster. Idle was rough for a while but it's smooth now.

But, is anyone else getting vibration under load? I feel it as boost builds in 2nd and 3rd so far. Definitely coming from the motor and definitely wasn't there on the way in to the shop. Roads were empty this morning and I was flogging it.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
No vibration that I noticed. What does it feel like exactly? What RPM range is it happening in? What mods and maps are you running?

I will say that I still get a bit of surging around 3k... It improved from 2.1 but is still there.

Chatchie

Ready to race!
I'm on stage 2 93 hi output. It starts at around 3k and feels like something is off balance. I'm also still getting some surging but only have about 50 miles on it.

Power mods are only intake, downpipe and plugs.

I'm gonna put some more Mike's on it before I do anything

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Crazy thing for me. I got the 2.0 back in May but my dealer didn't ask me about High Torque/Low Torque file and I completely forgot to mention it. I called a week later to confirm if they gave me the high torque file and he quickly stated yeah, I gave you High Torque (I felt he just told me quickly to get off the phone). Never felt a slight bit of slippage or weirdness on my clutch.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago that I got the 2.4 reflash at the same dealer, except this time he asked me. He made me aware that the high torque would fry my clutch, I said, yeah I'm cool with that.

I swear, as soon as I left the dealer with the new flash, I felt my clutch wasn't feeling right. 2 weeks later, things such as harder to get into gear, or I felt like i was taking off in 3rd gear by mistake but it turned out to be 1st, yep, stuff like that going on. I honestly think they truly flashed me with High Torque now and I'm experiencing the issues of a down hill clutch. I just hope it can last until Spring when I get my summer tires :D

Get the tune switching added. Then you can turn it off.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
got the 2.4 file on Sat.

As others have noted great torque in 1-3 gears...4th kinda slow then power is back in 5th 6th. cold starts are good.

No other mods except APR and Audi red tops.

What I've been noticing is what I can only describe as a fuel cut or ignition being cut if I try wot. I'm @ 192Km, had the intake replace few weeks ago and de-carbon at the same time. I know i'm due to swap in a new set of plugs so will do that this weekend.

anyone else have similar issues?

B6JoeS4

Ready to race!
I got 2.4 done a week ago. D mode is a little strange if you are trying to accelerate briskly because the boost builds up to 5-10psi at a really low RPM. Causes a lot of vibration and less-than-graceful shifts.

Cobb TBE, AWE intake, red tops and 7ix plugs.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
File still feels awesome, no issues! Now they just need an option for overrun in addition to stuff like NLS and LL... :D

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Having no issues with 2.4 I feel like D mode is really clean up compared to 2.1. The down shifts are smooth as hell now and like every one else said the power in higher gears is there. My only gripe is that 1st gear is still jerky which makes me ease into the throttle off the line to prevent the jerk.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
It's an option that you have to get, the tune does not come with it. I think it's 100$ extra (which I think is ridiculous).